Hyperlinks not visible when added to shape

I’ve just tried adding hyperlinks to a shape but can’t see the added hyperlinks in Visio, either from the Visio diagram itself or by looking at the shapesheet for this particular shape. If I reload the document having previously saved it, I can see the hyperlinks from previous attempts in the hyperlinks collection, so it’s doing something.

Am I doing something wrong here? I can post the Visio file if this is helpful.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting support. Please provide us your source Visio drawing and code for the testing purposes. It’ll help us to replicate the problem on our side. We’ll investigate and reply you appropriately. Your response is awaited.

Hi Imran

I’ve listed the source code below (I’m using a WinForm application created using VS2015) and have attached the Visio file. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,
Andrew

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnExport.Click

Dim license As New Aspose.Diagram.License
license.SetLicense(“C:\temp\Aspose Diagram Test\Aspose.Diagram.lic”)

Dim map As New Aspose.Diagram.Diagram(txtVisioFile.Text)

AddHyperlink(map)

map.Save(txtVisioFile.Text, Aspose.Diagram.SaveFileFormat.VSDM)

End Sub

Private Sub AddHyperlink(ByRef map As Aspose.Diagram.Diagram)
Dim page As Aspose.Diagram.Page = map.Pages.GetPage(“Map Page-1”)
Dim deliverable As Aspose.Diagram.Shape = page.Shapes.GetShape(127)
Dim hyperlink As New Aspose.Diagram.Hyperlink

hyperlink.Address.Value = “http://www.triaster.co.uk/
hyperlink.SubAddress.Value = “andrew test sub”
hyperlink.Description.Value = “andrew test desc”
hyperlink.Name = “Andrew Hyperlink 2”

deliverable.Hyperlinks.Add(hyperlink)
End Sub

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting support. We managed to replicate the problem of not being able to add a hyperlink to a shape (ID: 127) in your source VSDM drawing. It has been logged under ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51158 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We shall keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Andrew,

In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51158, please do not set space in the hyperlink name. When we set space in the name field of a hyperlink using Microsoft Visio application, it will give an error. The next version 17.3.0 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API will remove all the space in the name field of hyperlink. We shall let you know once the next version is available for download.

Hi Imran

Many thanks for the prompt response on this.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you when the release is available. In the meantime, we’ll use the suggested workaround.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Indeed, we shall let you know once the new version 17.3.0 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-51158) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.