Hyperlinks not working in Excel to Pdf Conversion

Hi Team,

I am trying to use hyperlinks in excel and converting that excel to pdf. Till this point all is good. After this i am combining different pdf’s into a single pdf when i do so the links are not redirected to the correct location. in my excel i linking to the first cell of a particular sheet but here it is not working that ways it is getting redirected to some other page.

@dewan.ishi

Thank you for contacting support.

Would you please share a narrowed down sample application along with source and generated files so that we may try to reproduce and investigate it in our environment. While sharing requested data, please mention the name of PDF document and respective page numbers where hyperlinks are not working as expected.

Hi,

This is pretty urgent.
I have hyperlinks in a pdf (PDF converted from an excel). I have links in the pages in the pdf which coming from excel itself as it is converted.
I want to change the text and location of all the links in PDF.
Please help !

@dewan.ishi

Kindly share requested data with us along with source file and a PDF file as expected output so that we may proceed further to help you out.

Hi @Farhan.Raza : i tried to replicate the issue with a sample file but it didnt reflect the issue in there. Actually i am setting some custom setting in the excel. So that is the reason i believe the excel shows different page numbers and when converted to pdf the pages are different. So i want to change the page numbers shown in the pdf links and the location they target. Could you please help !!

@dewan.ishi

Please note that the links will ideally be displayed exactly as they appear in the PDF file generated by Excel. Moreover, if you want to update existing PDF document, you can work with links as explained in Create, Update and Extract Link. If this does not perfectly address your requirements then please elaborate a little more with the help of screenshots, or a PDF file as expected output so that we may investigate and assist you accordingly.

URGENT
Hi, i am using th ebelow code to chnage the page number. But i have link text to be changed for each link on a page. I use the below code but i am not able to change the link text. Is that possible to do so ?

foreach (LinkAnnotation annotation in list)
                        {
                            if (((Aspose.Pdf.Annotations.XYZExplicitDestination)(annotation.Destination)) != null)
                            {
                                pageNum = ((Aspose.Pdf.Annotations.XYZExplicitDestination)(annotation.Destination)).PageNumber;
                                annotation.Destination = new Aspose.Pdf.Annotations.XYZExplicitDestination(pageNum, 19.8425, 576, 0);
                                annotation.Contents = Convert.ToString(pageNum);
                                annotation.Name = Convert.ToString(pageNum);

//TextFragmentAbsorber tfa = new TextFragmentAbsorber();
                                //tfa.TextEditOptions = new TextEditOptions(true);
                                //page.Accept(tfa);
                                //foreach (TextFragment tf in tfa.TextFragments)
                                //{
                                //    tf.Text = Convert.ToString(pageNum);
                                //    tf.Page.Annotations.Add(annotation);
                                //}
                            }
                        }

@dewan.ishi

Would you please share the source file while mentioning the hyperlinks for which you want to update the text, so that we may investigate further to help you out.

PFA the filessample.zip (116.6 KB)

I want to change the link in the file and change text to show the right page where the sheet is at in pdf.

@dewan.ishi

The cell J11 is pointing to A1 cell in the sheet named ‘A’ and same is the case in PDF file. While clicking the hyperlink, it leads to Page number 2 and very first cell on that page. Kindly elaborate your requirements a little more while share some screenshots and a PDF document as expected output so that we may proceed further to help you out.

hI, i am able to mapt the pages to their correct page numbers in pdf using annotations but i want the page numbers to be displayed as the hyperlink text in the pdf. The excel works fine for me it is the issue of the pdf… I can take hyperlink shown in the pdf to the respected page by using destinations. I was looking for a way where i can change the hyperlink text also.

@dewan.ishi

Please follow up in the other thread posted by you in Cells forum as the scenario is related to Aspose.Cells API. We will take care of your concerns in respective thread.