Hyperlinks to concatenated pdf documents

Hi

I’ve used your Aspose library for converting Word and Excel and Visio documents to pdf and your Aspose.pdf library to concatenate these into a single pdf document. These are great libraries and work very well.

I’m using Aspose pdf generator to create pages with tables and in these tables I need to create hyperlinks to the starting page of each document that has been concatenated. I see your hyperlink instruction says to create the link to a paragraph’s segment id but as the documents have been concatenated and not generated I don’t have paragraph segment ids.

Please advise the best approach for this.

Many thanks for your attention.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Pdf.Generator offers the feature to create PDF document from scratch. In case you need to create link inside existing PDF file (the concatenated PDF), you need to try using Aspose.Pdf namespace. For further information, please visit

In case you encounter any issue, please share your code snippet and resource files.

Thanks, that has worked nicely.
I now need to add an icon into the footer of each page which is a hyperlink back to a specific earlier page. I can see Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfContentEditor.CreateLocalLink allows hyperlinks to be added but I cannot see how the link can be an image such as an icon. Please advise best approach for this.
Again, very many thanks for your attention.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your feedback. We are looking into your requirements and will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Jeff,

In order to accomplish your requirement, I would recommend you to please try using the new Document Object Model (DOM) of Aspose.Pdf namespace. Please note that it offers the feature to add image over particular page region (rectangular region). So you can add the image over same location where link is added (same rectangular region).

PS, you can save PdfContentEditor output in Stream object and instantiate Aspose.Pdf.Document object with same Steam instance.