Hyphens(-) are converted to questionmarks (?) when Email is saved to .msg file

Part of HTML from original file(saved using Outlook):

Hyderabad block A–D

Part of HTML from msg file (saved using Aspose.Mail):

Hyderabad block A?D

You can see - (hyphens) between A and D is converted to ? (question mark). There are multiple places in email where this conversion is happening but for brevity selected simplest example.

I am using following code to save msg file:

public static void Save(MailMessage message, string fileName)
{
    message.Save(fileName, MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);
}

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

I have tried providing BodyEncoding property like

var message = new MailMessage();
message.BodyEncoding = Encoding.UTF8;
[//message.BodyEncoding](https://message.bodyencoding/) = Encoding.ASCII;
[//message.BodyEncoding](https://message.bodyencoding/) = Encoding.Unicode;

Hi Jason,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

In order to investigate this issue at our end, I would request you to please provide us with the the sample source message file that we can use at our end to reproduce the issue. We’ll look into it and assist you further accordingly.

I have attached original MSG file saved using Outlook.

Thanks.

I used following code for quick test:

private static void Main(string[] args)
{

const string dataDir =
@“C:\ConvertToMsg”;

#region Converting EML to MSG keeping MSG intact

var message = MailMessage.Load(dataDir + @“OriginalFile.msg”);
message.BodyEncoding = Encoding.UTF8;
//
message.BodyEncoding = Encoding.UTF7;
// message.BodyEncoding = Encoding.UTF32;
// all possible Encoding options
message.IsBodyHtml = true;
message.Save(dataDir + @“ConvertedFile.msg”, MailMessageSaveType.OutlookMessageFormatUnicode);
message.Dispose();

#endregion
}

Hi Jason,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 4.1.0 and have logged it as NETWORKNET-34358 in our issue tracking system for further investigation by our development team. Once there is any information available in this regard, we’ll update you here via this thread here.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Hi,

Is there any specific timeline for this bugfix?

Thanks.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing back again.

I would like to share that as many of the enhancements, bugs and new features are in progress, so development team will look into this issue on its turn and will share their feedback. I have checked the status of this ticket and expect that it may be resolved in our upcoming release next month however I will inform you here, if any update is available in this regard.

Thank you for your patience in this regard.

Is there a way to get email notification about update on this thread so I dont have to come back here again and again?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to us again.

The logged issue is linked with this ticket and whenever any update is available on this issue, you will be automatically notified via email. This process of sending notification is automated and you don’t need to come back here again and again to check the status.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query related to Aspose.Email.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-34358) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.