I am not able to apply custom styles after converting an Excel file from 2007 xlsx version to 2003 xls version

Issue: While converting from .xlsx (excel 2007) to .xls (excel 2003), we are facing an issue.

I created an excel 2007 version file (Excel.xlsx) in office 2007. I then created a custom format style in it. (Font Verdana, Size 14, Bold, Italic). The name of the style is MyStyle. I then applied the style to some cells in the Excel.xlsx file. After doing this, I used Aspose.Cells to convert this Excel sheet to 2003 version by the following code.

CODE

workbook.Open(strXlsInputLocation);

workbook.Save(strXlsxOutputLocation, FileFormatType.Excel2003);

This created an excel 2003 version file (Output.xls). Then after opening this Excel file, I noticed that although the custom style appears in the “Styles tab”, I am not able to apply them to the cells. When I select a cell and then select a this custom style, the style of the text in the cell is not changing. But I am able to apply in-build styles.

Why is it that I am not able to apply custom styles after converting it from 2007 xlsx to 2003 xls?

I am using Aspose.Cell version 4.4.1.0 and it is a licensed version.

Hi,

Could you try the attached version.

If the problem still persists, kindly post your template .xlsx file with all the details here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I tried using the version of Aspose.Cells attached in your post and that didn't help.Attached is the zip file containing the test files.Input.xlsx is the Input file and output.xls is the 2003 file after converting.

Thanks for the help,
Ashish

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for providing us the template files.

We will figure out the issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached fix.

Thank you.