I want to get office (word, Excel, ppt) files, the fonts they lost in the conversion process,

I want to get office (word, Excel, ppt) files, the fonts they lost in the conversion process,

@zyx

Can you please share a bit more details? Are you converting PDF to Word, Excel or PPT formats? Please share your sample PDF file along with some more details about the issue and sample code snippet. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

I want to convert word, excel, ppt to pdf, can I know in advance the fonts they may lose, and don’t load them all into the memory.

@zyx

We are transferring your query to Aspose.Total category where you will be assisted accordingly.

@zyx,
With Aspose.Cells we can get list of fonts used in workbook as follows:
Get a List of Fonts used in Spreadsheet or Workbook

Similarly we can get list of fonts available in the system as given below : c# - Obtain installed fonts as a list - Stack Overflow

And finally you may device own logic to find the difference between the two lists like this:
var list3 = list1.Except(list2).ToList();

I could not find any direct method to identify the missing fonts during the conversion however you may prepare own sample code based on above information to achieve the required functionality.

I think so too, but I don’t know what the accuracy is.

@zyx,
We have logged an investigation ticket in database for Aspose.Cells to provide list of missing fonts while converting Excel to PDF. We will notify you here once any update is ready for sharing.

This requirement is logged as:
CELLSNET-48059 - Provide list of missing fonts before or after rendering to PDF

@zyx

Regarding Aspose.Words, you can implement IWarningCallback interface to get the missing fonts notifications. We suggest you please save the document to memory stream (PDF) to get the missing fonts notification. For more detail, please read the following article.
Manipulating and Substitution TrueType Fonts

@zyx,
Regarding Aspose.Cells, you may implement IWarningCallBack interface and use appropriate WarningType.FontSubstitution to get warnings about the missing fonts. Here is an article that may assist you to achieve this functionality. Please give it a try and share your feedback.

Get Warnings for Font Substitution while Rendering Excel File

2 posts were split to a new topic: IWarningCallBack does not work when I convert ppt to pdf

@zyx,

Just to inform you that as IWarningCallBack API can get font substitution info during conversation, we have already given the details in the post, so we won’t provide any other option or APIs for the task. The ticket is closed now.