ICal Appointment Item example - Lotus Domino/Notes

Hi there,

I was wondering if you had an example of how to create an appointment item with the ICal format using Aspose Email .Net? All the examples I have found are for Meeting Requests, but what I want is to create an appointment item that is effectively created by the “organiser” and put in their calendar. I have tried creating an appointment with the same From and To, but it doesn’t appear in my Lotus Notes inbox. When I create it with a different From, but populating the organiser but not the attendees (passing null) - I have to open the message and manually add it to the calendar - what I’d ideally like is it to be added automatically to the calendar. Is this possible with ICal?

Sorry if this question has already been asked - but my searches on the forum didn’t find anything similar.

Kind regards

Stephen Dye
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

Appointment items can be created by using Appointment class with AppointmentMethodType property set as Publish. Following sample code demonstrates the creation of iCal file.

MailAddressCollection coll = new MailAddressCollection();
Appointment testAEApp = new Appointment("Test Location", new DateTime(2014, 4, 30, 9, 0, 0), new DateTime(2014, 4, 30, 9, 30, 0), null, coll);
testAEApp.Description = "Test Description";
testAEApp.Summary = "Test Summary";
testAEApp.Method = AppointmentMethodType.Publish;
testAEApp.Save("SavedAppointment.ics", AppointmentSaveFormat.Ics);

I am afraid to inform that Aspose does not provide feature to add calendar items directly to the calendar, therefore you may open this file manually and then save it to calendar as required.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.