iCal Description Incorrect

Hello,

I am using 2.5.0.0 and am running into a problem when extracting text from iCal files using the GetAppointmentText() method.

The problem has to do with the \r\n found in text. The header is correctly extracted, but in the description, the backslashes are being escaped out. This results in the text not being formatted correctly. For example, I have the following appointment with 3 lines of description:

This is a test appointment

This is a couple of lines down.

More lines down

Test

Test

Test

The appointment looks fine in outlook, but once text is extracted, the description looks like:

Title: This is a test Subject
StartTime: Monday, February 04, 2013 4:00:00 PM
EndTime: Monday, February 04, 2013 4:30:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Phoenix

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Description: This is a test appointment\n\nThis is a couple of lines down.\n\nMore lines down.\n\nTest\n\nTest\nTest\n\n

I can upload a sample of this, but it happens with any appointment and you should have no trouble duplicating the behavior.

Looking at the text coming back from the GetAppointmentText() method call, I can see the newline char being escaped out by adding a backslash to in front of each backslash.

Is this by design?

Thanks,

Hi Scott,

Thank you for considering Aspose.Email as part of your solutions.

I was able to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 2.6.0 and have logged it in our bug tracking system under issue id: NETWORKNET-33663. Development team will look into it and once we have any information regarding the resolution of this issue, we'll update you here via this thread.

If you have any other query/inquiry regarding Aspose.Email, please feel free to post to us. We'll try to assist you further as soon as possible.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33663) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.