ICS format - Cancelling an appointment

In our application, we create and save an ICS file using Aspose, then we send it as an email attachment through Outlook. I am looking to be able to create an ICS file that will cancel the appointment as well.

I tried setting the appointment method as cancel through the Aspose API, but that didn’t seem to change anything (see below). After doing this, when I inspect the ICS file, the method field is set to “METHOD:REQUEST” instead of “METHOD:CANCEL” as I would expect.

appointment.setMethod(AppointmentMethodType.Cancel);

I have confirmed that if I manually change the method field to “METHOD:CANCEL” in the ICS file, it behaves as expected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

I have tried following code to generate ICS file with METHOD:CANCEL and no issue is observed. Could you please give a try to the following sample code using Aspose.Email for Java 6.6.0, which generates ICS file with the Cancel method and share the feedback?

MailAddressCollection coll = new MailAddressCollection();

Date dateStart =
new SimpleDateFormat(“MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss”).parse(“4/22/2015 09:00:00”);

Date dateFinish =
new SimpleDateFormat(“MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss”).parse(“4/22/2015 09:30:00”);

Appointment testAEApp =
new Appointment(“Test Location 1”, dateStart, dateFinish, null, coll);

testAEApp.setDescription(
“Test Body 1”);

testAEApp.setSummary(
“Test Subject 1”);

testAEApp.setMethod(AppointmentMethodType.
Cancel);

testAEApp.save(
“SampleJava.ics”, AppointmentSaveFormat.Ics);

Thank you for your quick response. Upon further investigation, I realized that I am using an older version of Aspose Email (5.5). After updating to the most recent version, it seems to be working!

Hi Lauren,

We are glad to know that the latest version of the API solved your problem. Please let us know if we can be of any additional help to you in this regard.