IE 8 and older problem

Hello,

We've being using and older version of Aspose.Grid.Web.dll (file version 2.0.0.2001, product version 2008.05.09).

Now we've upgraded to Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll (filer version 2.6.3.2000, product version 2011.09.09).

While the grid is working with IE.9, FireFox & Chrome, when we use an older IE version (8 or below), we're getting some stange behaviours, when we click in a CustomCommandButton (we're using several) or when we handle the CellDoubleClick event, the "Please wait..." panel appears and stays forever.

In IE9 or other modern browser, no problem.

Do you have any idea on what could be wrong?

Best regards,

António Carvalho

Hi,

Please download and use the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.4.2001

and let us know if it resolves the problem.

If the problem persists, then we will need your sample project and source input files.

Please also provide screenshots explaining your problem and highlighting the points of interest with red circles.

Hello,

We’ve done that. We’re now using version 2.7.5.2000.
When I use IE8 or when change in IE9 to IE8 mode it stills seems to hang… It’s like the event is not completely processed.

I’ve attached a xml produced by “Internet Explorer Network Inspector” with the POST/GET from the application. I hope it will help you.

Best regards,
António Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

For your compatibility problem, I will suggest you the following information. Please see if it helps your problem.

We found that there is a compatibility question between Asp:Panel and our GridWeb product

We suggest the user to use Panel as the following way:

Panel: GridPlaceHolder

Replace “GridPlaceHolder.Visible = true;” to GridPlaceHolder.Style.Add(“display”,"");

Replace “GridPlaceHolder.Visible = false;” to GridPlaceHolder.Style.Add(“display”,“none”);

Hi,

I’ve tried to change the usage of grid property visible as you suggested.
It’s still not working.

I’ve attached a new network log and a video for you to check.

Best regards,
António Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for your AVI.

You need to set ShowLoading=false.

Please see the below information taken from this thread. Let me know if it is helpful.

Excerpt

Please use the following code, we tested it, and it works well.

<acw:GridWeb ID=“GridWeb1” runat=“server” ShowLoading=“false” PresetStyle=“Colorful2”
MaxRow=“13” MaxColumn=“8”>
</acw:GridWeb>

Hello,

When I set ShowLoading=false, the window does not appear at all.
That would be ok, if the action of the user produced changes in the grid. If you look closely to the avi sample, in the first command, the loading remains active, and the grid is not updated!

When I change the browser back to IE9 mode, you can see the cell value being changed - that’s the real problem in IE 8 mode. I think it could be related to the “Loading” panel not being closed. It seems that some part of the code is not being executed - could it be some exception that we’re not seeing?

I hope this could clarify the problem.

I can also tell you that the server side event is fully processed, as if I force a full refresh in the page the data will be retrieved from database and all the grid is painted correctly.

Best regards,
António Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have logged your issue in our database. Development team will look into this issue and fix the problems.

Once, we have some update or fix available for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40585.

Hi,

If you want to use IE 8, the doctype should also change to IE 8.

We suggest you to use real IE 8 to do the test but not simulate IE 8

If the exception still occurs, please supply us a demo then we can check the bug.

Hi,

I’ve changed the doctype to

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN”>

Now I’m getting an error as you can see in the attached image, for IE9.
In IE8, it doesn’t work at all!

Best regards,
António

Hi,

I’m uploading a sample app that will simulate our full app.
Please check it.

Best regards,
António

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project.

I am unable to run it, could you provide a runnable code. Anyway, I have logged your comment and project in our database for development team to investigate it.

The comment has been logged against the issue id: CELLSNET-40585

Hi,

My sample is in VS 2010.

I was uinsg .NET 2.0 and IIS 7.

Regards,

António

Hi,

For your question, we have checked, you are using a custom ajax control “MagicAjax”, we have tested the control and find you can change your code by two ways:

1 - Remove MagicAjax control, since that when you use the control, it injects some code to Aspose.Cells.GridWeb, once removed the control, it should work well

2 - Another way is add EnableAjax parameter to GridWeb, it will also work well.

Hopefully, it will be helpful for you.

Hello,

For solution 1), we know it already, but we would like to keep the magicajax since it provides better usability. It’s light weight and very simple to use.

The solution 2) doesn’t work. The “Loading” panel does disappear, but the grid is not updated correctly when I press a button (the first row of buttons, out of the grid) and then select a cell or range, and press mark in the grid command button bar.

So the trick is whether you can give us a way to keep the magicajax, make the grid to update properly and to remove the “please wait” when is not needed anymore.

Best regards,
António

Hi,

After looking into your source code of MagicAjax, we find that there is a method

Javascript

AjaxCallObject.prototype.GetAjaxCallType = function(element)
{
if (element == null)
return “none”;

var attrib = element.getAttribute(“AjaxCall”);

if (attrib != null && attrib != ‘’)
return attrib.toLowerCase();

if (element.parentNode == null || element.parentNode == document.body)
return “none”;
else
return this.GetAjaxCallType(element.parentNode);
}
For the method “element.getAttribute(“AjaxCall”), it is does not work very well on IE 8, so if you do want to use magicajax , you can disable gridweb’s ajax by the follow javascript method

(paste it to the end of the page)

Javascript

Hello,

I have a new problem.

When I have frozen cells, when I scrool down, I loose information. The cells seem to be emply, and all grid is not formated well.

Please check the image and the probject attached.

Best regards,

António Carvalho

Hi,

Could you give it a try using latest version/fix v2.7.8.2003 as we have made some further enhancements in it.

Let us know your feed back if it works fine now.

If you still find the issue, let us know if you find the issue only on IE8 or older versions?

Thank you.

Hello,

I've downloaded and tried with the new fix.

It still has the same behaviour...

Please advice.

António Carvalho

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project (https://forum.aspose.com/t/114397)

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40892 for your issue (regarding Frozen Cells and Scrolling issue for GridWeb). Our concerned developer will look into it to figure it out. Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.