IE9 EXCEL Problem

Hi,

I am afraid, the shared screenshot is not of much help in understanding the problem you are having. Please provide the detailed problem description along with the source spreadsheet, resultant HTML and the code for the conversion process. Please also provide the environment details of the machine where conversion is taking place.

when we use iframe src=“a servlet: make response.getOutPutStream =this converted main html FileStream” other files eg:sheet001.htm in this main file ,we also supply a servlet to get the file stream,

It is ok in most browser but IE9,

we found in you source code ,it has

Can you tell me a method to view converted excel html files in web application ?

we cann’t copy this file to webapplication,so the method like http://somhost.com/mainfile.html wouldn’t work for me! It is only a file,we must use FileInputStream to load it!

landray.com.cn:
when we use iframe src="a servlet: make response.getOutPutStream =this converted main html FileStream" other files eg:sheet001.htm in this main file ,we also supply a servlet to get the file stream,

It is ok in most browser but IE9,

we found in you source code ,it has

Hi,

I am still not able to understand the problem you are having while loading the Aspose.Cells' generated HTML files in IE 9. I have used a sample of my own to verify the results in IE 9 and was not able to see any issues. Please note, I have used the simplest code snippet as provided at the bottom of this post for the conversion process. In order to thoroughly investigate the matter, we need the sample spreadsheet, its resultant HTML (generated on your side), snapshot of the view in IE9 with problematic areas highlighted and the code that you are currently using for the conversion process. Please note, if you are using multiple Aspose APIs in your project then isolate the code segment in reference to Aspose.Cells for Java API and share it here. In case we couldn't find the problem cause with above requested information/artifacts, we will also require your environment details.

Regarding the snapshot shared with --[if gte mso 9]-- directive, please note, it is a condition judgment that is only applicable if the HTML is viewed in Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 or above. It is injected by default in Aspose.Cells' generated HTML files for compatibility sake.

Regarding iframes, it is the Excel's approach to render the sub-pages for individual worksheets in an iframe. As Aspose.Cells APIs follow Excel's guidelines therefore the results are similar. In case the source Workbook has only one Worksheet then the resultant HTML will not have the iframe instead the contents will render directly from the main HTML file (Worksheet).

Hope the provided information helps a bit.

Java

Workbook book = new Workbook("D:/book1.xlsx"); book.save("D:/output.html", new HtmlSaveOptions());
landray.com.cn:
Can you tell me a method to view converted excel html files in web application ?

we cann't copy this file to webapplication,so the method like http://somhost.com/mainfile.html wouldn't work for me! It is only a file,we must use FileInputStream to load it!

The current implementation of Aspose.Cells for Java supports saving the spreadsheet (or converted document formats) to file path location or OutputStream. You have to implement your own logic to use any of the aforesaid overloads as per your application needs. Furthermore, you cannot use Aspose.Cells for Java API to send the HTML to browser or trigger the browser to open the HTML.

I know how it happens in IE9

here your main.html is like this

this is commented,it doesn’t matter,can you remove it??

The important is like below:
<![if !supportTabStrip]>

<![endif]>
can you give a parameter to remove it or donn’t generate it.When I remove this in my converted files.The screenshot in last thread is not happen.

and also like below is not needed ,it is a comment body.

Hi,

Thank you for writing back.

Please note, the purpose of the conditional comments are to encapsulate the code segments that have execute when specific condition is met, For instance the code segment between tags executes when the browser type is Microsoft Internet Explorer and version is 9 or greater, so these code segments are not useless.

Regarding your recently shared requirement, what I understand is that you wish us to implement a parameter for HtmlSaveOptions class that could allow you to control the generation of code within the conditional comments. If my understanding is correct, please provide us the original HTML generated with Aspose.Cells for Java 8.5.2 along with cleaned HTML that you can manually create by removing all the unnecessary code segments. This will help is understand your exact requirements.

The original html file is like below:
<!doctype html public “-//w3c//dtd xhtml 1.0 transitional//en” “http://www.w3.org/tr/xhtml1/dtd/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>
<html xmlns:v=“urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml”
xmlns:o=“urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”
xmlns:x=“urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel”
xmlns=“HTML 4.01 Specification”>

<![if !supportTabStrip]>

<![endif]>

This page uses frames, but your browser doesn’t support them.

If like above we will found screenshot like befor in IE9
but we only need like below ,it will donn’t found this problem.

<!doctype html public “-//w3c//dtd xhtml 1.0 transitional//en” “http://www.w3.org/tr/xhtml1/dtd/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>
<html xmlns:v=“urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml”
xmlns:o=“urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”
xmlns:x=“urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel”
xmlns=“HTML 4.01 Specification”>

This page uses frames, but your browser doesn’t support them.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the HTML code.

It seems that you have stripped-off all the JavaScript and the conditional comments. I doubt that the web page interaction still works without the JavaScript. Please provide us all the original HTML files (in an archive) as well as the snapshot of the HTML view in IE9. Please highlight the problematic areas in the snapshot for better understanding and finding alternative solutions.

Please note, I am still not sure what problem you are having in IE9 as the screenshot you have shared in your first post is not much clear. Moreover, you haven’t provided the code snippet for conversion process or the sample spreadsheet for investigation regardless of our reminders on this point. If you are concerned about the privacy of your data then please review the EULA for NDA (clause 8), and ask your legal team to review it as well.

Can you give me a boolean property to decide to generate the javascript or not??
you donn’t need doubt,it works well with out this javascript.

this javascript only works when didn’t support TabStrip…like this <![if !supportTabStrip]>

so we only need a boolean properties in saveoption to decide to generate or not.

Hi,

I will discuss the requirement with the product team to get an initial feasibility analysis. I will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to inform you that upon discussion with product team, we have logged a feature request in our database to provide a property for the HtmlSaveOptions class that could allow you to control the generation of JavaScript & Conditional Comments while converting spreadsheets to HTML format. The ticket Id for your future reference is CELLSJAVA-41458. As soon as the requested feature is available for public use, we will notify you here in reference to the aforesaid ticket.

That being said, please be advised that if you do not generate the JavaScript and Conditional Comments, you will not be able to import the generated HTML in Excel as a spreadsheet.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.2.3 and let us know your feedback.

About CELLSJAVA-41458, we have added HtmlSaveOptions.ExportFrameScriptsAndProperties property.

Indicating whether exporting frame scripts and document properties. The default value is true. If you want to import the html or mht file to excel, please keep the default value.

For example in Java:

Java
Workbook wb = new Workbook(“a.xlsx”);

HtmlSaveOptions options = new HtmlSaveOptions();
options.setExportFrameScriptsAndProperties(false);

wb.save(“out_java.html”, options);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41458) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.