IF Conditional Merge fields are missing or disappearing

Hi,
After preparing the template with the IF condition merge fields,i’m sending the template document through email (ms-outlook).But the person who received the template doc, not able to see the IF condition merge fields. IF condition merge fields are disappearing.

Could you please guide to overcome this problem.

@Rakesh_M can you please attach both documents, to help us to reproduce your issue.

testing.docx (12.0 KB)

@Rakesh_M can you please check the attached file, it seems to be empty.

that is the problem…

image.png (902 Bytes)

this is supposed to be.Please find the image.

@Rakesh_M can you please attach the original document

testing.docx (12.0 KB)

in this document, i have specified IF condition merge field, like the image i provided.
This is the problem i was asking,
Those fields are disappearing when i share the document (through email) having IF merge fields.

@Rakesh_M sorry, but without the original document (containing the mail merge fields) we are not capable to replicate this issue. Can you please attach the document directly in this post in the forum or share it with us using Google Drive or a similar application.

The problem is that only.
I’m sending the document having IF conditional merge field to you But
It is disappearing when you open the document from your side. This is the problem.

Merge field example is like this below specified.
{ IF { GENDER } = 2 “MALE” “F”}.

To replicate the issue, Could you please open the document and type this IF merge field and test.
This is the only option i can see.

@Rakesh_M I tried what you suggest, but it is working fine for me. Can you please share the document without sharing it by email, like using Google Drive, Dropbox or a similar application.

Ok, in previous message , whatever i provided, that was not actually IF merge field.
to generate IF merge field , Please use Ctrl +F9 in the document. and try it.

@Rakesh_M I already set your code inside a mergefiled, please check the file after receive it in the inbox:
input.docx (12.4 KB)

Were you using IF condition merge field properly. i doubt.

to generate that condition field 2 braces required for that 2 times press Ctrl + F9 and the check please.

@Rakesh_M I’m trying to reproduce the issue you mentioned by configuring my test document in the same way as yours. You are correct that the correct syntax for an IF conditional is as follows:

IF {{GENDER}} = 2 "MALE" "F" \* MERGEFORMAT

However, even after using this syntax, I am unable to reproduce the issue you described.
input.docx (12.5 KB)

This is not the correct syntax which you used (mentioned here)

it should be enclosed in the braces.

{ IF{ GENDER }} = 2 “MALE” “F”}

Could you please try like this.

Steps:
Open a ms word doc
2 times press Ctrl +F9 and frame the IF condition above specified.
save the file.
send the email to your colleague with that file as an attachment .
Ask him to download that file and open and check the document .
Check for the IF condition merge field is existing or not?

@Rakesh_M The syntax I provided earlier is enclosed in curly brackets. You can verify this in the file that I attached. To toggle between the merge syntax and the evaluated merge fields in the document, you can press Alt+F9. This will allow you to view and edit the merge fields directly.