Image distorted in excel to pdf transformation (ECDCTS-10606)

Hi Team,

We are trying to transformation input file(xlsx) to pdf with below code.

Workbook doc = new Workbook("input.xlsx");
        doc.save("output.pdf");

In output file, you can see the wrong drawing. The circle are now ellipse.
We have tried Aspose.cells for java v23.12.0

Please find attachment below containing input and output file.
Files.zip (223.3 KB)

Thanks,
Krishna

@rnara,

I believe you are using Aspose.Words for Java, but in the code segment you provided, you are using the Aspose.Cells for Java API. Nevertheless, after reviewing your provided files, it is confirmed that you are indeed using the Aspose.Words for Java API. I will move your thread to the respective forum where one of our colleagues from the Aspose.Words team will assist you soon.

Sorry, I added wrong details above, I have edited the ticket
As the ticket is for Aspose.cells for java (23.12.0)

@rnara,

Thanks for correcting your post with updated files.

After an initial test, I was able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template XLSX file to PDF. I found image was distorted a bit in Excel to PDF transformation. I noticed some shapes like circles are rendered as ellipses.

We require thorough evaluation of the issue. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45909

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@rnara
Hi,
We analyzed the excel file and found that the ‘Group’ and sub-shape data do not comply with the document rules published by Microsoft. This may be an unpublished processing rule from Microsoft. We are currently unable to find a reasonable solution to this problem. This problem may not be fixed in a short time, so we have two temporary solutions to help you continue your work normally:

1. First “ungroup” and then “group” the shapes(recommend).
  2. Replace the problematic part with a picture

We will work hard to collect relevant information to fix this problem as soon as possible, and will notify you as soon as we make progress.

Hi @duojie.yang ,
Do we need to ungroup and group before rendition.
And please specify do we need to select all the shapes which has problem or we should select shapes which has problem one by one.
Please explain in steps.
Thanks,
Krishna

@rnara
Hi,
Just deal with the shape in question before you render.

• 1 Open file
  • 2 Click “Page Layout” in the top options
  • 3 Click ‘Selection Pane’ in the expanded options
    At this time, the names of all shapes in the workbook are listed in the list on the right. Selecting a name in the list automatically selects the corresponding shape/group in the workbook.
  • 4 For your question, you can select “Group 35” and “Group 36” respectively in the left list
  • 5 Then find the corresponding selected range in the workbook
  • 6 Right-click->Group->Ungroup.
    Choose any of the methods below to do this.
      1. Right-click the mouse within the selected range. It is more difficult to operate when there are many nearby shapes.
      1. Hover the mouse over the edge of the selected range and right-click when the black cross symbol appears.
      1. The selected range usually has a hollow cross symbol, right click on it.
  • 7 After 6 operations, the selected “group” is no longer a whole, but all selected. Follow any of the methods 6-1/2/3 to get the right-click menu->Group->Group.
  • 8 Save document

Hope it helps you.