Image handling with Aspose.Words

This is a total surprise!!

We are planning a major release based on this assumption that the feature was going to be available for us at the end of this month.

Can you please reevaluate your plan and expediate this fix for us? It is absolutely critical for us and we can not make the release without this feature being available.

We took the comments on forum on good faith and made the plans accordingly as Aspose has been good on their commitments in our past experience.

Please let us know if you can expediate our request or tell us some workaround in case you can’t make it. I will again state our use case which is:

We have mutiple imapges on the docs and we need the ability to identify these images and replace them dynamically at run time. I will appreciate your feedback on this matter. I can’t stress the importance of this capability in our suite.

Thx

Thanmal.

Also let us know if you entertain some fast track fix and release for these kind of requests based on additional cost etc. I can ask my upper mgmt to see if they will entertain this.

This is very critical for our capability and I believe I have stressed enough on the criticality of this.

Hi Thanmal,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot promise you anything. I will consult with our developers and provide you more information one I get feedback from them.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thx for your reply. Please consult with the dev team and your management and let us know. As I said I am open for any workaround if you can suggest one. But it seems that right now theer is no way to identify a picture in word doc and replace it with Aspose API.

Also if there is a way to get this fast tracked based on some additional costs, please suggest that.

Looking for a prompt reply as our release is dependent on the solution for this.

Thx

Thanmal.

Hi Thanmal,

Maybe in your case, you can use mergefields as placeholder for image in your templates. In this case, you can easily insert an image at mergefield. Please follow the link for more information:

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

I believe this was suggect earlier also but because of some strict formatting needs around the image, like able to type the texts all around the image and also strictly control the image size irrespective of image content, this is not a viable option.

Can you at least commit a concrete timeline for this feature after consultation with your management and dev team? I will really appreciate if you can get this answered for me ASAP.

If you got hru the thread, in the past 2 alternates were suggested. One was to use mailmerge flelds and the other was to use the bookmark if the intention was to merge the images multiple times as the mailmerge fileld can be only used once.

I tested the bookmark method but the images are not automatically adjusting on different docs. Our requiremnt is such that the same image needs to adjust automatically differently on different forms without the image losing any of teh content. Currenty picture content control is allowing us to have this behavior but not having any ID field exposed for this is the problem.

I hopw you got the idea. Can you at least tell us your worst case scenario where yuo definately will be able to give us this feature?

Thx!

Hi Thanmal,

Thanks for your request. As I mentioned currently this feature is scheduled to the end of August. So this is the worst scenario.

One more possible workaround is using shapes with names. Then use names to identify the shape and insert new image into the shape. The only problem with this approach it that you cannot set name of shape through MS Word interface, you can set it only from script. Also, in this case you should use DOC format, because in DOCX images are usually represented as DrawingML objects.

Best regards,

Thx for your reply!

So there is no way you can at least prepone this functionality to say at least end of june or July? End of August sounds too far away. Also we do not have option of using .doc in this case.

Also, is there any way for me to get hold of raw xml when I am iterating thru

StructuredDocumentTag? Because in that case I could have parsed the XML and get the ID myself and use docbuilder to insert the new image. Just a thought and I will appreciate if you can reply to this question quickly.

Thx!

Hi Thanmal,

I consulted with our developers. I was told that they are already working on this feature an will try to include this feature in June or July release.

No, unfortunately, there is no way to get a raw XML of SDT using Aspose.Words API.

Best regards,

Thx a lot for your pormpt response.

Please let me know as soon as you have concrete visibility about the release date as It will make huge difference for me whether it is June or July.

Hi Thanmal,

Sure, we will immediately let you know once we will know the exact date.

Best regards,

Hi,

I had a quick license related question. My company has the licensed version of Aspose.word for about an year or so.

Recently I have downloaded and installed the latest version locally and I am seeing that I get “Evalustion copy”…warning at the top of merged documents. So I cheked the license file.

I see few things which I want to resolve ASAP:

1. Am I getting this error because I am using the later version than mentioned in my License file? And do I need to get the regenerated license file so that I do not see this error? I am not sure how the license file gets tied to version etc.

2. I see <SubscriptionExpiry>20110624</SubscriptionExpiry> entry in my license file. Does this mean we get the errors after this date in prodcution even if we are using the same version what we are licensed for?

3. How can I share with you safely the license file we have without posting it all on this forum so that we can resolve these questions ASAP? I also want to make sure we are current on our subscrition from maintenance point of view etc.

I will appreciate if you can resolve these questions for me ASAP. May be a separate confidential email would be more appropriate to share the licese file and resolve/understand the questions.

Thx

Thanmal.

Hi Thanmal,

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. Every Aspose license carries one-year subscription for free upgrades to new versions released during this time. To check an expiration date of your license open the license file using notepad. You will see the following tags:
<SubscriptionExpiry>20110218</SubscriptionExpiry>

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2011.

1. The license will work unlimited period of time with versions that comes out before license expiration time.

2. You can safety send your license to us via e-mail as described here:
    Contact - About - aspose.com

Best regards,

Hi Thanmal,

I received your license. Expiration date of your license is 06/24/2011. It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 06/24/2011. After the expiration date, you can still use versions of Aspose.Words released before this date.

You will have to renew the license only if you need to upgrade to the version that comes out after the expiration date.

Best regards,

What are the terms of renewal? Is there a yearly maintenance fee we are paying currently so that we are covered? Or is it only when we need to upgrade we will renew the license?

Also I assume that we will get a new license file after the upgrade. Can you please confirm?

Can you please check our account and let us know?

Thx!

Hi Thanmal,

Thanks for your request. But it would be better if you ask these question in Aspose.Purchase forum. My colleagues from sales team are standing in better position to answer your licensing questions.

If you have any other technical question, I will be glad to help you.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4010) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.