We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Image is blank when mail merging

Hi,

Images are blank after mail merge. Below is my code in .net and attached is my doc template:

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(Path.GetFullPath(“D:/”) + “file.doc”);

var str = ModelExtensions.Serialize(viewModel);
StringReader strReader = new StringReader(str);
DataSet dataDS= new DataSet();

dataDS.ReadXml(strReader);

doc.MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions(dataDS);
doc.UpdateFields();

byte[] data;
MemoryStream mStream = new MemoryStream();
doc.Save(mStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Doc);
data = mStream.ToArray();

return File(data, “application/msword”, “Rapport-MarketControl.doc”);

image files are located on the web server where the application is deployed. When generating the document on the client workstation, the image is blank (box with no image).
Hi Jose,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document
  • XML file
  • Image file
  • Aspose.Words generated output document which shows incorrect result
  • Please create a standalone Console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing..

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we'll start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip them and Click 'Reply' button that will bring you to the 'reply page' and there at the bottom you can include any attachments with that post by clicking the 'Add/Update' button.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I already had it working, however, the images are dependent on the location of the image (i am attaching an image from the web server and the word document will be downloaded on the client workstation), Can I possibly embed the image in mail merge?

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, I could not find any images attached in this thread. In case you forgot to attach it here, please try re-attaching the file as described below.

Click ‘Reply’ button that will bring you to the ‘reply page’ and there at the bottom you can include any attachments with that post by clicking the ‘Add/Update’ button.

Please make sure that the image on remote server is accessible and it does not require authentication (proxy or credentials). Also, please refer to the following article:

How to Insert Images from a Database

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Solved: Embed image on the document