Image is missing elements when running on linux

Please see the attached files. JPGs generated on an AWS Linux AMI instance are missing elements from the slide. SVGs are better, and both JPGs and SVGs on MacOS are better. Code to generate images is:

Presentation presentation = new Presentation("original.pptx")
presentation.slides.eachWithIndex { ISlide slide, int index ->
 BufferedImage bufferedImage = slide.getThumbnail(2f, 2f)
 ImageIO.write(bufferedImage, "jpg", new File("image.jpg"))
}

Linux version details:
Linux version 4.14.51-60.38.amzn1.x86_64 (mockbuild@gobi-build-60008) (gcc version 7.2.1 20170915 (Red Hat 7.2.1-2) (GCC)) #1 SMP Tue Jun 26 23:06:43 UTC 2018

image-fidelity.zip (829.6 KB)

@jwhitmarsh8b0fb,

I have observed your requirements and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 18.6 on your end. If there is still an issue please share the Linux platform details along with Java information with us.

Hi - i am using v18.6 already.

I have noticed that the Java version on the Linux server is different:

openjdk version "1.8.0_171"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b10, mixed mode)

On my macOS development env:

java version "1.8.0_131"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

Is that significant?

@jwhitmarsh8b0fb,

Thank you for sharing the requested information. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37217 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

I’ve done some testing in Docker with different Linux images and seen better results - whilst that ticket is looked it, is there a recommended Linux distro that works best with Aspose Slides I can use as a temporary fix?

@jwhitmarsh8b0fb,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that there is no such recommendation regarding environment with Aspose.Slides. All Linux should work the same with Aspose.Slides. Please share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

@jwhitmarsh8b0fb,

We have carried initial investigation of issue on our end and have not been able to reproduce this. However, this behavior seems related to related to the installed fonts. You should use the same fonts in Linux instance as in Mac OS. You can use FontsLoader to load fonts externally or install these fonts in OS.

If you are still reproducing the issue then please share with us the list of used fonts in case of a problem after using the correct fonts.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37217) have been fixed in this update.