Image pdf to Searchable pdf

Hi There,

I was looking for a tool by Aspose that I can use to convert Image pdf to searchable pdf when user uploads an image pdf. This converted pdf is then used by the application to send the document to the client.

The user can upload such a image pdf from a Windows forms application (.Net) or a Web application (ASP.Net/c#) I have the interface for both, just need this component which will do the conversion before saving to database.

Thanks,
Savio.

Hello Savio,

Thanks for using our products.

Your requirement can be accomplished in two phases. First you need to convert the PDF document into image format may be in BMP or TIFF format and then try using Aspose.OCR for .NET to recognize text over image. For more information, please take a look over following links

In case I have not properly understood your requirement or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

My end document should be a searchable pdf, using the method you described, will I be able to get such a document ?

Hi Savio,

The process mentioned by Nayyer in his previous post doesn’t actually allow you to convert an image based PDF to a searchable PDF; it can help you to extract the text from such PDF files. I’m sorry to inform you that converting to searchable PDF is currently not supported. We have already logged a new feature request as PDFNEWNET-29755 in our issue tracking system and you’ll be updated once it is supported in future. Nevertheless, this feature might not be available in short time.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-29755) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(7)