Image scale 'RetainShape' not working

Hi

When using images within a Jasper report and exporting into ppt with aspose slides for jasper reports 1.5.0, the image elements lose the setting scaleImage=“RetainShape” and are reverting to fill frame as well as increasing the border line in size.

However i have looked at the sample images.ppt and the image elements wihtin the sample show the retain shape function working.

How can i force the image to retain its shape and not fill the frame?

Regards

Hi Luke,

I have worked with the data shared by you and have observed shared by you. I like to share that Aspose.Slides for Jasper Reports exports the report as it is with no change. However, I have created an issue with ID 25378 in our issue tracking system for necessary investigation. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=“false” LatentStyleCount=“156”>
</w:LatentStyles>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<![endif]–>

Hi Mudassir

I have run the sample report images.ppt provided and do not get the report exported with no change as you stated in your previous post.

I have attached two ppt files, one the already generated presentation provided with aspose the other is the presentation I generated when following the demo setup commands. They do not show the same report export, the images elements are being distorted and have not retained their shape. What is the cause of this? How can I resolve this so that images are exported as shown in the demo provided?

Could you please update me on the status of this issue?

Luke

Hi Luke,

I have observed the issue shared by you in the generated presentations. I have also updated the issue status as well. I have requested our development team to share any possible feedback on the status of the issue. I will share the information with you, once response is shared by our development team.

Thanks and Regards,

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

<![endif]–>

Hi Mudassir

The Aspose.Slides for Java documentation states system requirements of JAI and JAI Image I/O are required, there are no such system requirements for the jasper version however if I do not include the jai-core.1.1.3.jar and the jai-codec.1.1.3.jar in the library the demo's or report exports do not work.

Exactly which JAI jars are required to run Aspose.Slide for Jasper Reports and what versions?

The JAI and JAI Image I/O linked to in the Java documentation do not contain the correct classes required for the demo to work.

Luke

Hi Luke,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I like to share that if the reports involve images then you may need JAI and JAI Image I/O for your application. I feel that the versions of JAI jar files that you have shared should be referenced as I am using the same versions. I will update Aspose.Slides for Java and Jasper Reports documentation for the latest JAI jar files links. Hope, it resolves the confusion.

Thanks and Regards,

<![endif]–>

Hi Mudassir

I am struggling to understand your previous post, I'm unsure how you can release a product and not know what dependencies it has. You've stated

" I like to share that if the reports involve images then you may need JAI and JAI Image I/O for your application"

I find it amazing that you can say I may need JAI for my application, either aspose slides has a dependency on these jar's or does not.

If you are using the same version as the jar I have mentioned (jai-core.1.1.3 and jai-codec.1.1.3), what other jar are you currently using that I will need to make the product function without distorting images?

I would like a full list of jar that are required to run the product correctly that are currently not provided with it, the JAI jars that I have mentioned are not the ones referenced in the java documentation so do I require those mention in the documentation in addition?

Also I would like to know if you are able to generate the images.ppt example without the images distorting so that I can determine if it is an issue with my environment or with the product.

This still does not solve my current problem with exporting images.

Hi Luke,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please grant me some time so that I may discuss the issue with our development team for the dependency issue. I will update you further in light to their guidance. I will appreciate your patience for this.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJSPR-25378) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.