Image transparent backgrounds not honoured in PDF output

Hi,

Using Aspose.Cells.5.3.0.0

I have found that .png images with a transparent background will show correctly in Excel when inserted on a worksheet with a background colour, but if the same worksheet is converted to PDF the image background becomes opaque. I have also tried gif format with the same result.

The attached zip file contains a Visual Studio 2008 Web Application to demonstrate the problem. The zip file also contains a file named "AsposeOutput.png" which shows screen captures of Excel 2007, Excel's Print Preview and Adobe Reader X's rendering of the corresponding pdf file (with only the png's inserted - I captured this before trying gifs)

You will need to create the Library directory and add Aspose.Cells.dll to it before attempting to run the demo. I tried using the dlls posted to
<A href="</A><BR>but they seem to be missing several things, in particular the WorkbookSave(Response...) methods. Are these updates "net3.5_ClientProfile" versions? It would be helpful if you would put a note in that thread to say so!

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Regards - Andrew

Hi,

Yes, the demo pdf is not correct. I will log this issue.

Please use the DLL under the directory “net2.0” and not “net3.5_ClientProfile”.

And please check the readme.txt under the directory
“Bin”.

Please see this image for more help.

Thanks for the quick response.

Just to confirm - I am using the Aspose.Cells.dll under the net2.0 folder.

I tried version 5.3.0.5 - the problem I was having was because I needed to remove the reference and then re-establish it in Visual Studio. The problem still exists with the 5.3.0.5 version of the dll.

Regards - Andrew

Hi,

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-24983.

Hi Andrew,

You are right, the problem still exists with the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.3.0.5. That’s why, I have logged the issue.

For your information, the dll in net3.5_ClientProfile directory is used
only for the application with Net frame client profile as
target framework of VS.Net.

Hi - I was just wondering if there is any update on this issue?

I have just downloaded and installed Aspose.Cells for .Net 5.3.3.0 and the problem is still apparent (not that it was listed as fixed)

Regards - Andrew

Hi,

Will you please test your case with the latest version Aspose.Cells
for .NET v5.3.3.6
. If it is not fixed, I will add your comment and increase the priority.

Hi there,

I downloaded from the link you provided and tested with Aspose.Cells 5.3.3.6, but I'm afraid the problem is still there.

The snapshot in the attachment is from our actual application, when the output is sent to PDF. The image is a 32x32 pix PNG, with a transparent backbground. The image is correct when the output is sent to Excel.

Kind regards - Andrew

EDIT: After I posted this I noticed you have released v6.0.0, so I downloaded and installed that, but again the problem persists. Just for comparison, the second attached image is from the same file generated using Aspose.Cells for .Net v6.0.0, viewed in Excel 2007.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have added your comment in our database. We will update you asap.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue in Aspose.Cells for .NET v6.0.0.2. Please test your requirement with this latest assembly and let us know of your feedback.

Hi there, Sorry I've taken a while to get back to this!

I've downloaded the 6.0.0.2 update, and the problem is resolved. Thanks very much for escalating and resolving this.

Kind regards - Andrew