Images & Floaters does not work well during Conversion

Please find the attached word document and converted pdf file.

Floaters and Images does not work well during Word to PDF conversion. I would like to see the same kine of output from both the formats.

I would appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks

-Balaji

Here is the PDF output

I will contact the Aspose.Word team to solve this problem.

There are two issues with this document.

1. In MS Word a drawing object has a setting that specifies whether the drawing object is below or above text. In Aspose.Pdf there is no such setting and rendering depends on the order of elements.

In this document the images are anchored (and therefore outputted) before the text that is below. This results in text being placed by Aspose.Pdf on top of the images.

You can workaround if you can edit the document. Just click on the drawing object and you will see the anchor in MS Word, pull the anchor several paragraphs down. This will make sure the pictures are rendered after the text.

If Aspose.Pdf later provides a separate property for each drawing object to control whether it is above or below text, Aspose.Word will use it.

2. The image in PDF appears taller than in MS Word. The image is tall in MS Word, it is just "cropped" by the size of the textbox it is enclosed in. At the moment I cannot limit textbox height in Aspose.Pdf like MS Word can, therefore the difference. It might improve in the future, but it is very hard to support some "unusual" scenarios like this.

Thanks for your response. We are currently using Aspose Word and I am currently in the process of evaluating Aspose PDF.

"The image in PDF appears taller than in MS Word. The image is tall in MS Word, it is just "cropped" by the size of the textbox it is enclosed in. At the moment I cannot limit textbox height in Aspose.Pdf like MS Word can, therefore the difference. It might improve in the future, but it is very hard to support some "unusual" scenarios like this"

This above mentioned is very critical for us. Most of the images are shrinked or cropped in height in most of the documents (around 10000 documents) using the size of the textbox. Could you please let me know whether you have any scheduled release to fix this issue?

Thanks

-Balaji

In this particular document the image is not cropped using the cropping properties in MS Word. It is just a bigger image placed into a smaller textbox. MS Word simply truncates the part of the image that does not fit into the textbox. Unforunately Aspose.Pdf works slightly differently, it grows the textbox automatically in height to accomodate all content. I’ve requested the Aspose.Pdf team to provide support for fixed height textboxes. When they do this, this document will appear okay on the output.