Images Are Cropped during PPTX to PDF/A-2a Conversion Using Aspose.Slides for Java

Hi,

We are evaluating Aspose for converting different document formats to PDF/A-2a.

When converting a particular PPTX file to PDF/A-2a in Java on Ubuntu 18.04, the background images of the first, second and fifth slides look cropped. I have attached the input and output files. pptx-to-pdf-a-2a.zip (7.6 MB)

Sample code:

PdfOptions options = new PdfOptions();
options.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PdfA2a);
options.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(true);
options.setJpegQuality((byte) 90);
options.setTextCompression(PdfTextCompression.Flate);

Presentation presentation = new Presentation("input.pptx");
presentation.save("output.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf, options);

Could you please take a look?

Thank you!

@t.dobreva,
Thank you for describing the issue.

I will check the problem you encountered and will get back to you as soon as possible.

@t.dobreva,
I reproduced the problem with the cropped background images when converting the PowerPoint presentation to a PDF document.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESJAVA-39189

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Please also share the following additional information if it is possible:

• JDK version in your app

Please also note that some fonts (Rockwell Condensed and Rockwell) were changed in your output PDF document. You should install them to the operating system when the conversion is performed, or load the fonts before the conversion like this:

FontsLoader.loadExternalFonts(fontFolderPaths);

Documents: Custom Font
API Reference: FontsLoader

@andrey.potapov

The application is running on JDK 8.

About the fonts, yes, I noticed. Thank you for the suggestions.

@t.dobreva,
Thank you for the additional information. I forwarded it to our developers.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-39189) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 23.7 (JAR).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.