Images in Header and Footer have artifacts after generating PDF

Hi there,

after converting a WORD-document to PDF, Images in Header and Footer have artifacts in the top right and bottom left corner. Red and grey lines.

It occurs after updating form .NET5 to .NET6 and updating Aspose.Words to latest version.

Find details in attached screenshots.

Best regards.

versionsNET6.PNG (12.5 KB)
wrongNET6.png (13.3 KB)
Test.docx (35.8 KB)
correctNET5.png (5.0 KB)
VersionsNET5.PNG.jpg (72.2 KB)

@Chris2Stein Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. Please find the attached output PDF document produced on my side in .NET6 Console application and the following simple code:

Document documnet = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
documnet.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.pdf");

out.pdf (12.7 KB)
Could you please attach your output PDF document here for our reference. Also, please provide code that will allow us to reproduce the problem on our side.

Hi,

thanks for checking @alexey.noskov.
I think I found it. Aspose.Words conflicts with “SkiaSharp” v2.88.0 (latest).
If you could please fetch it to your project with nuGet and try your sample again.
I think it is then reproducable.

Thanks.

@Chris2Stein Thank you for additional information. I have managed to reproduce the problem on my side. For a sake of correction it has been logged as WORDSNET-24070. We will keep you updated and let you know once it is resolved or we have more information for you.
For now if you do not need new features introduced in newer version of SkiaSharp 2.88.0, you can downgrade to SkiaSharp 2.80.1 to avoid the problem.

Thanks. Great.

I’ve done exaclty what you mentioned, I downgraded SkiaSharp and it works well for me for now.

1 Like

Hi,

unfortunately, the version is automatically set to 2.88.0 when publishing. Probably because we have switched to .Net6. So the problem is production critical for us. Can you give a time horizon?

@Chris2Stein We will analyze the issue and provide you more information. Could you please provide you .csproj file (part where nuget references are added) here for our reference. It looks like your project is configured to update to the latest version of SkiaSharp, otherwise I cannot imagine other reason why SkiaSharp is updated to the latest stable version.

@Chris2Stein After the initial analysis we have detected that the problem occurs in newer version of SkiaSharp. The problem has been reported to SkiaSharp team here:
https://github.com/mono/SkiaSharp/issues/2165
Unfortunately, at the moment the only workaround is using older version of SkiaSharp.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-24070) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.9 update also available on NuGet.