Images in pdf (DocuSign signatures) are turning black after optimization

We are using aspose pdf 22.12 for java and using the recommended process to optimize the size of the pdf. (Optimize, Compress or Reduce PDF Size in Java|Aspose.PDF for Java) When we perform the optimization all of the DocuSignature blocks turn black. It looks like the background is changing from transparent to black but I don’t know for sure. This issue also happens on the aspose website Compress PDF Online

While testing I also noticed that using a PdfExtractor causes the same issue with the image. The background is black as well.

I think this is a bug and if not is there a recommended fix?
Original Document: source_file.pdf (170.6 KB)

Optimized Document: reduce.pdf (164.5 KB)

Extracted Png: extracted_image.jpg (23.5 KB)

@jwilliams213

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFJAVA-42521

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Wanted to note here I just tested on the latest version 23.2 and the issue is still happening after updating. Still seeing it on the online compress tool provided by aspose as well.

@jwilliams213

The ticket has just been logged and it is not yet investigated. That is why you are still noticing this issue in the latest release. We will let you know as soon as this issue is fixed and fix-in version is available for use. Please spare us some time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

@asad.ali Good morning, I just wanted to see if there was any changes to this issue status. Any workaround I could try to continue optimizing pdfs without corrupting the signatures?

@jwilliams213

We are afraid that the ticket has not been yet fully investigated. We will surely inform you once we make some progress towards its resolution or we have some workaround to offer. Please spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Good morning!

I wanted to reach out and see if there was any progress on this issue.

Thanks,

@jwilliams213

We are afraid that the ticket is not yet resolved due to other issues in the queue. However, we will surely let you know as soon as we have some definite updates about its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.