Images not converting a pdf and adding to word

It appears that when converting a pdf into images and placing them in a word document and saving the document, some of the images are appearing as a red cross instead of the correct image. So pages of the pdf are missing when it is finished converting. I have code samples for your review when you are available

Hi Randall,

Thanks for using our products.

Can you please confirm that once the PDF file is converted to Image format, all the pages of PDF file are converted to Images ? Or the issue is only occurring when placing these images inside word file (all images are not properly being placed inside word file) ?

Can you please share the source PDF file and resultant word document, along with the code snippet so that we can test the scenario at our end.

Please note that you can also directly convert the PDF file into MS Word (doc) format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. You may consider visiting the following link for further information on Convert PDF file into DOC format

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

All of the pdf files are converted to images correctly (I wrote them to disk to check). It appears that they are not being saved in word correctly.

I am trying to insert a pdf into a merge field. Can you do this if you load the pdf as a document?

How may I attach files for your review?

Randall Biagi

Hi Randall,

Thanks for sharing the details.

As per my understanding based on your description, the problem is occurring when placing images inside word document so the problem seems to be related to Aspose.Words. I am moving this thread to respective forum where my fellow workers taking care of Aspose.Words would be in better position to answer this query.

Now concerning to adding attachments, please find the button Add/Update with title File Attachment when posting a reply.

Hi Randall,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word documents along with sample images here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

I am getting a 404 error when trying to send the output pdf file. I am assuming that the file size is too big for the output pdf. (37 MB) DO you have any thing like “yousendit” that I might be able to use to send the output file to you?

Hi Randall,

I am afraid in forums you cannot attach large documents. However you may consider uploading the documents/artifacts over some FTP and share the URL with us. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Randall,

Thanks for sharing the details. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7505 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Randall,

Thanks for your patience. I have tested the scenario with latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET and have not found the shared issue. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.11.0 and let us know how it goes on your side. I hope, this will help.

Hi Tahir,

It does not appear to be fixed. Please try using the following file:
https://nrmsecure.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=15556
It looks fine when I save the file as a word document, but saving it as a pdf creates the red cross image

Hi Randall,

Thanks for your patience. I tested the scenario with Visual Studio 2010 and have not found the shared issue. However, I have managed to reproduce the same issue while using the shared solution of Visual Studio 2012. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Do you have an eta for a fix for this issue? I’m hoping to be able to include it in our build in 2 weeks. This issue is almost a month old now.

thanks

Hi Randall,

Thanks for your request. This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I have requested the development team to share the ETA. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

Any updates on this issue?

Hi Randall,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Currently, this issue is pending for analysis and there is no ETA available at the moment. However, I have intimated our development team of your concern and asked the responsible developer to take a look at your issue. Once the issue (WORDSNET-7505) is analyzed, we may then provide you the ETA.

It’s been another week… Any update on an ETA?

Hi Randall,

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, this issue is under analysis phase. I am afraid, I can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Please use the following PdfSaveOptions as a workaround. Hope this helps you.

PdfSaveOptions opt = new PdfSaveOptions();
opt.ImageCompression = PdfImageCompression.Jpeg;
opt.JpegQuality = 90;
doc.Save(MyDir + "Output.pdf", opt);