Implementing circular references and iterations

@petersusteen,

Thanks for providing more details and screenshots.

I did test it in a simple scenario to reproduce the issue. I used the following sample code (to generate individual PDF file for each calculation) and noticed certain differences. I found some formula calculation results are different when implementing circular references and iterations, I compared the results for formulas of the output PDFs with manual calculations when performing in MS Excel (MS Excel 2007).
e.g.
Sample code:

Workbook workBook = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\test_iteration.xlsx"); 

for (int i = 0; i < 15; i++)
            {
                workBook.CalculateFormula();
                workBook.Save("e:\\test2\\outcalc_results" + i.ToString()+ ".pdf");
            }

By the way, when opening your file into MS Excel 2013 and 2016, an error message is prompted: “There are one or more circular references where a formula refers to its own cell either directly or indirectly. This might cause them to calculate incorrectly…”, but MS Excel 2007 does not give such an error.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-47829” for your issue. We will investigate and look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Hi, is there any progress update on the issue? I’m assuming that the functionality I am looking for is something that Aspose would want to support, right?

Thanks

@petersusteen,

Yes, we are working over your issue and hopefully it will be fixed soon. We will notify you once we fix it or have some updates on it.

@petersusteen,

We are working on this issue and try to make the calculation of such kind of circular references work in the same way with MS Excel. It is a complicated task and we need more time to investigate further and try new solutions. We will give feedback when we get clear ETA or possible fix.

Thanks for being patient!

Thanks for notifying me.

Any idea if it’s mather of days, weeks or months?

@petersusteen,
We are afraid that ETA cannot be provided right now however we will write back here once any update is ready for sharing.

@petersusteen,
We are afraid at least we need some weeks to finish this task.

@petersusteen,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Please try the latest fix 21.2.4.

Aspose.Cells21.2.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.2.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.5 MB)
Aspose.Cells21.2.4 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.5 MB)

Thanks! I will try and report back.

@petersusteen,

Please take your time to evaluate/test the new fix. Hopefully your issue will be sorted out by the new fix.

Hi,

We make use of the Java version of Aspose. Is it possible to make the fix available in Java?

@petersusteen
Please try the latest fix v21.2.5 of Java version:
aspose-cells-21.2.5-java.zip (7.2 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47829) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao

Hi,

We have got the fix installed (v21.2.5). It seems that this invalidated our license for prior versions of Aspose. I guess something has gone wrong.

Do you have any idea how to resolve this problem?

@petersusteen,

Could you elaborate what you mean by “invalidated”? Please give more details on your issue. Is your license expired to use newer versions of Aspose.Cells for Java?

As far as I know we installed the version of Aspose and that’s what caused our licence to not be valid anymore. I’d have to ask around if more info is needed.

@petersusteen,
You may open your license file in some text editor like notepad and check the expiry date tag as follows:

<SubscriptionExpiry>YYYYMMDD</SubscriptionExpiry>

Please ensure that this date should be later than the release date of the product which you are using in your application. If the product is released before this expiry date and still you are getting an license invalidation issue, share your license file with us as mentioned here:

How to Send License File to Support Team

• Click on the name of support team member to whom you want to send the private information like license file, propriety data, user credentials, passwords etc.

• A popup will appear. Click Message option to share the information privately

• A new window will appear where you can add details and share attachments as you do in normal public forums. But this time, it will be private and will only be accessible to you, the user whom you have sent this to and administrator

• Please remove the “RE:” keyword from the title of the private message, because it is a reserved keyword of Discourse

• Please don’t remove the default forum thread link as it specifies to which forum thread this private message is linked with

• Add details and press Message button. Private information will be sent to concerned support team member

• Once you have sent a private message, notify the support team member in related forum thread from where you spawned this private message so that it is not missed

Thanks for your quick replies!

License is in order. The problem was something else. Thanks anyway!

@petersusteen,

In case, you think it is an issue with Aspose.Cells APIs, do create a console application/program and post us to show the issue (please do not attach your license file in the thread), we will check it soon.