Import data into existing worksheet

Hi,

Is it possible using the aspose cells api to create an excel add-in application that will import data into the current active excel sheet?

So a user will have excel open in front of them and start the excel add-in and click a button or something similar, and using aspose cells import data into that current excel sheet.

I have looked at the demos and API and I can’t see how this could be done, does anyone on the forum know if it can be done. Is there some demo that shows this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, We don't provide such feature. Aspose.Cells is a spreadsheet management library used to create, manage or save native excel files. It can import and export data to and from excel files. And it can also retrieve data to open the output file into MS Excel at runtime. And if you want to use grid like control to import/export excel files in WYSIWYG manner, you may use our Aspose.Grid.Web control http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Grid/Demos/

Thank you.

I think Amjad is confused with your requirment.

Actually you can create an Excel add-in to utilize Aspose.Cells APIs to import data. But you should develop the add-in with C# or VB.net. If you make this add-in with C or VBA, it's very diffcult to use Aspose.Cells.

Feel free to contact us if you need any further information.