Import PDF into Aspose.Words’ DOM using Java | UnsupportedFileFormatException

Hi,

I am trying experiment on the various approaches to convert a pdf document to a tiff sample. I could check and anaylse on various possibilities given by Aspose.pdf to convert a pdf to tiff sample along with various compression techniques.

I was wondering if we could use Aspose.words jar in Java to perform the same operation.

I tried the following code and it gave me an error com.aspose.words.UnsupportedFileFormatException: Pdf format is not supported on this platform. Use .NET Standard or .NET 4.6.1 version of Aspose.Words for loading Pdf documents.

com.aspose.words.Document document = new com.aspose.words.Document("pdfDocument.pdf" );
document.save("Converted_tif.tiff", SaveFormat.TIFF);

I also tried loading the document by adding LoadOptions but still the same error.

LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions();
loadOptions.setLoadFormat(LoadFormat.PDF);
com.aspose.words.Document document = new com.aspose.words.Document("pdfDocument.pdf", loadOptions );
document.save("Converted_tif.tiff", SaveFormat.TIFF);

The dependency of aspose.words is as follows

<groupId>com.aspose</groupId>
        <artifactId>aspose-words</artifactId>
        <version>21.2</version>
        <type>pom</type>
    </dependency>

Am I missing something here ? Or is it not possible to convert a pdf to tiff with aspose.words Java. Kindly let me know with any further suggestions which I could try out. Thanks in advance!

@SherinaSundarrajan

Unfortunately, import of PDF into Aspose.Words’ DOM is not supported by Aspose.Words for Java. We logged this feature request as WORDSJAVA-2366 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.