Import validation from ODS

Hi,

I have data validation set for cells in a column with criteria as cell range. When I use cell.getValidation() it returns null in case of ODS file. But for the same data in XLSX it works fine. Can you explain the reason ?

Hi Bee,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We need the your sample ODS to properly investigate the problem cause therefore please share the sample along with its origin, that is; which application was used to create that file and the address of cell(s) on which validation has been applied.

Hi again,

This is to bring in your knowledge that we have performed a few tests by creating an ODS file with cell validation applied using the OpenOffice Calc application. We have noticed that the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.4.1.4 returns null for the Cell.getValidation method for the aforesaid sample (also attached), whereas if the input spreadsheet type is XLS or XLSX then the results are expected. We have logged an investigative ticket with Id CELLSJAVA-41325 in our bug tracking system. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause, and get back to you with updates in this regard.

That being said, we still think you should share your samples so we could analyze them by attaching them to the existing investigation.

Thank you for analyzing the issue. I am looking forward for the fix.

Hi Bee,

Thank you for the sample.

We have investigated the matter, and we regret to inform you that the cell validation feature is currently not available for ODS file types. We have changed the ticket type to Feature Request so that we could plan the implementation accordingly. As soon as we have completed the preliminary analysis of this request, we will share the estimated release schedule for the implementation here.

@beekay,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-41325”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

That’s great. Thank you!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41325) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java v20.1. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by ahsaniqbalsidiqui