Import xml to Cell Gets the wrong value & OutPut Excel file Gives Error

Hi

My name is Ramesh Patra, I am from doctors company. We purchased the product under the license “THE DOCTORS MANAGEMENT COMPANY”

We are facing 2 problems, while importing the xml data files to the excel file.

I have attached the sample code, excel file, DebugWorkbookSmall.xlsm , sample1.xml and sample2.Xml file

Problem 1 :
It imports the cell value (C5) “Unavailable Information Neutral Factor” to 2147483647.
Please use sample1.xml file.
Here is the C# code.

var wb = new Workbook(@“C:\WindowsFormsApp2\DebugWorkbookSmall.xlsm”);
var ws = wb.Worksheets[0];

wb.ImportXml(@"C:\Sample1.xml", ws.Name, 0, 0);

wb.Save(@"C:\Ouput.xlsm", SaveFormat.Xlsm);

Problem 2:
After importing the sample2.xml. When we are trying to open the Output.Xlsm file it
Gives error “We found a problem with some content in Output.xlsm’ Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes”
Please use sample2.xml file

var wb = new Workbook(@"C:\\DebugWorkbookSmall.xlsm");
          var ws = wb.Worksheets[0];
           wb.ImportXml(@"C:\Sample2.xml", ws.Name, 0, 0);
        wb.Save(@"C:\Ouput.xlsm", SaveFormat.Xlsm);

sample.zip (43.0 KB)

Please let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ramesh

@rameshpatra,

Thanks for the template file, XML data and sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce both your mentioned issues using your sample code segments and template file with XML data file. The following tickets are logged for your issues into our database:
CELLSNET-47320 - Import XML to cell gets the wrong value
CELLSNET-47321 - Importing XML gets the output file corrupted

We will look into the issues and try to figure these soon. Once we have an update on any of the above issues, we will update you.

@rameshpatra,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.4.5 (attached)

Your issues should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.4.5 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.3 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.4.5 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)

Hi
Thanks for quick fix. Out company policy blocks the forum site, I am unable to download to test it. From the main site I am able to download. When you guys are planning to release. Or Is it possible some url on the main site I can download.

Regards,
Ramesh

Hi
I would like to download from the home computer. My account is locked. When I reset the password, email is not coming. My office computer logged in from long time. Here I can post the message.
I created another account rameshyahoo user name, can you give that user to test this one.

Regards,
Ramesh

@rameshpatra,
Thank you for writing to us again.

You may please create a thread using the new user where mention that you need the latest fix Aspose.Cells 20.4.5 For .Net2 and .Net4. We will share the hotfix there.

Thank you for quick Reply. I requested on the other user (rameshyahoo) please share it.

@rameshpatra,
I have shared the fix with you as you requested.

Thank you very much. Such a wonderful customer support. I am really appreciate. Both the issues are fixed.

@rameshpatra,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that you are up and running again. Feel free to write us back if you have further comments or questions.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47320,CELLSNET-47321) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.5. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi