Important questions considering .NET Aspose.Tasks library integration

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding Aspose.Tasks .NET.

1. Can I import User Defined Fileds from a Primavera P6 .xer file?

I tried importing a .xer file (with User Defined Fileds), but I am having trouble finding where are the User Defined Fileds stored in the Aspose.Tasks Project object. In the ExtendedAttributeCollection I am able only to find Activity Codes .

Also, I tried importing a .xer file with Aspose.Tasks and then exporting it back to .xer file and opening it in Primavera P6 (20.12 and 18.8) and found that the User Defined Fileds are lost.

If you currently do not support importing User Defined Fileds from Primavera P6 .xer file, do you plan to implement it? And when can I expect it to be made public?

1. Another problem is when I import MSProject xml file to Aspose.Tasks Project object, and then export from previously imported Aspose.Tasks Project object to the new MSProject xml. After that I immediately open previously exported xml in MSProject and I can see that Start and Finish dates for some Activities are wrong.

2. Can I import Activity Codes from Primavera P6 xml file?

When I import .xer file to Aspose.Tasks Project object, ExtendedAttributeCollection is populated properly. Problem occurs when I try to import Primavera P6 xml file to Aspose.Tasks Project object, in that case ExtendedAttributeCollection is always empty, meaning Activity Codes are not imported.

Please feel free to contact me for further information if you have any problems recreating the issues. Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Milos Djuric - Bexel Consulting

@ap3rs,

1. Used Defined Fields are not supported at the moment. It’s on our roadmap and planned for April-May 2022.

2. Could you provide a sample file so we can reproduce and investigate the reason of wrong dates?

3. ActivityCodes for Primavera P6 XML is not supported but we plan to add it in June-July 2022.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-10468) have been fixed in this update.