Importing pptx- ppsx problem

I am having trouble importing pptx and ppsx files with aspose.slides. Can aspose.slides import pptx or ppsx files and convert them to ppt or pps files?
The file is demo.ppt provided with the total .net trial. I converted it to pptx with powerpoint 2007.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Sure, the MS PowerPoint 2007 (PPTX) presentation can be handled through class library under the namespace Aspose.Slides.Pptx whose API reference can be reached here. To read a PPTX file named "demo.pptx" in Aspose.Slides, the code will be like this:

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx("demo.pptx");

With the same code, PPSX file can be read. However, interconversion of PPTX and PPT files is not available currently. An issue has been reported on our Issue Tracking System with issue id 13419 for provision of this feature. This thread has been linked with this issue so that you can be updated here as soon as this feature is implemented.

Thanks and Best Regards

Thank you for your reply, there is only one more doubt. Can i export pptx, ppsx to pdf, xps etc the way we export ppt files? Or is there any other procedure to do that?

Because in the API documentation : “Aspose.Slides Product Family | Aspose API References

there is a method save (overloaded), but it doesn’t get called through the above pres object.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

The following code will help you in exporting PPTX or PPSX to PDF or XPS formats.

//Exporting from PPTX to PDF and XPS formats
PresentationEx Pres_PPTX = new PresentationEx("d:\\Test.pptx");
Pres_PPTX.Save("Test1.Pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf);
Pres_PPTX.Save("Test1.Xps", SaveFormat.Xps);

//Exporting from PPSX to PDF and XPS formats
PresentationEx Pres_PPSX = new PresentationEx("d:\\Test.ppsx");
Pres_PPSX.Save("Test2.Pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf);
Pres_PPSX.Save("Test2.Xps", SaveFormat.Xps);

In case of any further query, please feel free to share with us.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13419) have been partially fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)