In PDF output of excel chart- labels are overlapping and lines in the chart are missing

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells v17.4.0 to generate PDF of chart - "Chart 1" in the attached excel file. In the PDF output, some of the chart labels are overlapping and lines pointing to the labels are missing.

Following code is used to generate the output:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("test.xlsx");
WorksheetCollection ws = workbook.getWorksheets();
String worksheetName = "College Budget";
Chart chart = ws.get(worksheetName).getCharts().get("Chart 1");
chart.toPdf("D:\\aspose generated 17.4.0.pdf");

Can you please analyse this issue.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after executing your sample code with your source Excel fie and found that labels of chart are overlapping and having missing lines when it is converted to Pdf

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42279 - Labels of Chart are overlapping having missing lines when Chart is converted to Pdf

Hello,

Is there any update on this issue?

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no update on your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42279”). Such issues are difficult to resolve accurately as MS Excel itself shows an inconsistent behavior when rendering leader lines to the labels. There may not be any definite and compact rule to be followed. Anyways, I have logged your concerns against your issue into our database and asked the concerned developer to update on it or provide an ETA (if possible).

Once we have any new information, we will let you know here immediately.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, your issue is too complex for us. Because, in Excel file, there is no information of position of DataLabels that are automatic. This is the reason, we can’t find a solution to place the DataLabels to best location.

@Neha_Gautam,

Please try our latest version aspose.cells-for-java-21.6.

If you find any issue, please provide the source Excel file to help us analyze it.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42279) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.9.