Incomaptible .NET Dependencies

Hi,

there are some incompatibilities in using Aspose.PDF with .NET 6.
Why do you require Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions in version 7.0.0 and greater for .NET 6? Is it possible to downgrade to 6.0.0?

We use .net6 and in many of our libraries we use the same dependency (Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions) in version 6.0.0. I think Microsoft is versioning this dependency with their framework release number (.net6 β†’ 6.0.0, net7 β†’ 7.0.0)

Is it possible to downgrade to 6.0.0 and create a bugfix release for Aspose.PDF?

@cluening
Thank you for writing.
I will set investigation task to the development team.

@cluening
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-54753

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@cluening
Dev team asked

By default, the version of Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions are selected according to the .Net SDK version, but version 7.0.0 also can be installed on earlier versions of the .Net SDK.
It is possible for the user to use Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions version 7.0.0 in their projects?

@cluening
Dev team added

Currently, we have a dependency on Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions version 7.0.0, as this dependency exists in Aspose.HTML, which we use. However, Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions version 7.0.0 works fine, including in projects targeted at .NET 6 SDK

@sergei.shibanov Unfortunately, this dependency as much drawbacks than you could think. We are using Aspose.PDF.Drawing together with an Azure Function. Due to a bug resolution, we had to bump this package to the latest one. But now we are forced to upgrade our Azure Function to NET7, and even more problematic, we have to migrate the function from in-process to isolated mode, as NET7 does not support in-process mode.
Downgrading your dependency on Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Abstractions to 6.0.0 won’t probably change anything, and will greatly simplify our job.

@LoulG
I have forwarded your message to the development team. Let’s wait for their response.

1 Like

@LoulG
This change is planned in version 24.01