Inconsistences between word/excel/powerpoint and PDF generated

We are thinking about buy the library to use on our system.

When we convert some files, the pdf generated has some differences in comparison with the original files.

Can some see if we are doing something wrong?
Accessible Template Sampler.pdf (2.2 MB)
(The original of this file has 6MB and because of that I can’t upload it to here)

Family budget (monthly)1.zip (131.0 KB)
Family budget (monthly)1.pdf (252.2 KB)

21st century pie chart1 - Converted.pdf (20.5 KB)
21st century pie chart1 - Original.zip (191.9 KB)

@cussa,

We have evaluated the samples shared by you. Initial investigation show that:

1. “Family budget (monthly)1.xlsx” file, the issue might be due to some margin differences.
  2. “21st century pie chart1 - Original.xlsx” file, it was noticed that some 3D effects/formatting are missing in the output PDF.

It is recommended to use the latest version of Aspose.Cells and update us with your feedback. It is further required that in case of any issue, please share the output PDFs along with notes to highlight the issues in the PDFs. You can forward us a separate Word document file to highlight the issues with screenshots. This will help us to further look deep into the issue and come up with appropriate solution.

@ikram.haq, here is the word document.

Please, rename
Accessible Template Sampler01.zip => Accessible Template Sampler.z01
Accessible Template Sampler02.zip => Accessible Template Sampler.z02
And then try to open the zip

About the version: we downloaded the latest version of Aspose.Total and get the libraries Words, Cells and Slides. Version used: 17.9.0.0

Accessible Template Sampler.zip (1.8 MB)
Accessible Template Sampler01.zip (2 MB)
Accessible Template Sampler02.zip (2 MB)

@cussa,

Thank you for sharing template. We have evaluated the shared sample input file. We are unable to observe the issue. Generated output is attached for your reference.
Accessible_Template_Sampler.pdf (2.2 MB)

@ikram.haq the title of page 3 (Birthday) is on the final of page 2. And all the others is happening the same thing.

@cussa,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-16205. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@tahir.manzoor, as pointed by @ikram.haq, the excel files have some problems too. The file “21st century pie chart1” is the most complicated to me, because we have problem not only on lose the 3D effect but on the value’s formatting. Can you open a ticket for it too? Or at least say if these problems are been tracked too.

@cussa,

As we suggested earlier kindly do try using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.11.x. I observed the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file “21st century pie chart1 - Original.xlsx” to PDF file format. I found the Pie chart looses 3D effects in the output PDF. But I also confirmed the values (data labels) formatting is Ok with v17.11.x.

I have logged your issue as following:

• CELLSNET-45787 - Pie chart looses 3D effects in the output PDF

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@Amjad_Sahi, just to say: I verified that on the NuGet, the last version is this one that you said. But I download the version direct from the site (on 13rd November) and this was the version that it came (17.9.0). So, take a note that it seems that the version from site is not updated.

@cussa,

We encourage our users to download/get Aspose APIs from Nuget repos. We are not maintaining Aspose APIs in the Downloads section. Anyways, you may still get/download the latest APIs (v17.11) in its individual API section here:

1 Like

Hello @Amjad_Sahi, @ikram.haq, @tahir.manzoor

Any news about this problems that was reported?

@cussa,

For your logged issue “CELLSNET-45787”:
I am afraid, 3D-Effects (including Shadow, Glow, Soft Edges and 3-D Format) are is not currently supported in Excel to PDF rendering. We cannot support 3D-Effects any time soon as it is a complex feature which will be supported in future versions.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

When I putted my phrase, I putted in the wrong way. Let me re-phrase myself: lose the 3d effect is not a big problem, but lose the values format is something that is a huge trouble to me.

@cussa,

I did confirm in one of my previous replies about the values (data labels) formatting which was 0k with v17.11.x. Did you try our latest version/fix (e.g v17.12)? it should fix the value formatting issue.

@cussa,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that the issue (WORDSNET-16205) has been postponed due to missing feature WORDSNET-4794 (ROOT Support cell spacing in layout) which is related to it.

After the fix of WORDSNET-4794, our product team will look into this issue. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16205) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.7 update also available on NuGet.