Inconsistency in identifying ole object in different word document type

Hi,

I’m trying to identify ole object in 2 word documents (docm and doc). Even though we are using the same program, but the graphs in both documents was not identified the same way.

Can you guys help me to check is this the correct behavior and why?

Here’s the sample document that I used to identify ole object.

sample_doc.zip (43.2 KB)

@zhilin39,

Your document contains only one OLE object. The “Flow Chart” contains the shape nodes. You can check the OLE field codes by pressing Alt+F9 in Microsoft Word.

Hi,

@tahir.manzoor

Just to clarify, I’m referring to the line graph that was not identified in the same way. Both of the graph are identical but when I press Alt+F9 in both documents, only the graph in .doc turned into a line of EMBED code while the other (.docm) didn’t.

Can I check why .docm doesn’t identify the graph as ole object ?

Thanks

@zhilin39,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. The OLE object in your DOC file is XLS file format. It is an old version of Excel. The issue you are facing is not specific to DOCM file format. DOCM supports the OLE objects.

MS Word does not preserve the OLE code switches when you save your DOC file to DOCX file format. If you copy this OLE and paste it into new document using MS Word, you will face the same behavior of MS Word. This is not an issue in Aspose.Words. It is expected behavior of MS Word for your document.