Inconsistency reading property values

Hello,

While parsing a MS Visio file with Aspose.Diagram 18.3, I see some inconsistencies reading shape properties. I have 2 shapes, each has a property of type “string”. Both string properties are blank in the Visio. However, one has p.Value.Val == “” and the other one has p.Value.Val == “0”.

Any ideas why? I’ve included a sample project.

Thanks.
LoadWithAspose.zip (2.1 MB)

@jcoira,

We managed to replicate the said problem in our environment. It has been logged under the ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51453 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

@jcoira,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51453 has been fixed and will be included in the next version 18.5 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We will notify you once the next version is published.

@jcoira,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51453 has been fixed. Please download and try the latest hotfix version 18.4.1 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.

Hello,

The problem we are seeing now in version 18.4.1 is that properties of type “string” that have a value of “0” are returning "’ (empty) as their value. That behavior differs from what we saw in the previous version. Can you guys make it so strings return their value always? (“0” => “0”, “” => “” (empty) and if the property is not defined return NULL)?

@jcoira,

We have logged this expected behavior under the same ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-51453 in our issue tracking system and will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-51453) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 18.5. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by imran.rafique

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan