Inconsistent placeholders count in Aspose.Slides 2.8.0 vs 2.9.5

Hi,

I found that Aspose.Slides have inconsistent placeholders count between versions 2.8.0 and 2.9.5.

Try sample code on both versions to see results.

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(
“/home/emisia/Desktop/notes-page-test.ppt”);

Slide slide = presentation.getSlideByPosition(1);

System.out.println(slide.getPlaceholders().getCount());

Why this happening and which number is correct?

Sample file is in the attachment.

Thanks,
Zeljko

I discovered that placeholders which new API returns are actually slide name.
Am I right?
How can I be sure which placeholder represents slide name?

Hi Zeljko,

I have worked with the code snippet shared by you and like to share that placeholder count shared by Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.5 is valid as they are of MasterTitle and MasterSubTitle type. However, when I have tried to get the placeholder type, it is returning 0 or None for both placeholders and it seems to be an issue. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33446 to further investigate and resolve the issue that why the placeholder type is not being returned correctly. We will share the further information with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team related to this.

System.out.println(Integer.toString(slide.getPlaceholders().get(0).getPlaceholderType()));
System.out.println(Integer.toString(slid.getPlaceholders().get(1).getPlaceholderType()));

Unfortunately, I have not been able to understand your following comments. Can you please share some further explanation to this along with the code snippet so that I may observe it on my end.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33446) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.