Inconsistent results from JoinRunsWithSameFormatting

We notice inconsistent behavior with JoinRunsWithSameFormatting. I have outlined two cases below. The test was run using the following code:

doc = new Document(fileName);
        doc.Save("C:\\temp\\bullet_1.html", SaveFormat.Html);
        doc.JoinRunsWithSameFormatting();
        doc.Save("C:\\temp\\bullet_2.html", SaveFormat.Html);

The before and after HTML will different for the attached two files. The difference is more visual in that bold style is either lost or gained.

I have attached two files:
temp.docx - the content here when converted to HTML shows certain text as bold which are not (for example, text beside Status: and Source Path: )WTH.zip (49.5 KB)

temp2.docx - the same document above is modified by adding content above and when converted to HTML everything under the heading Issue #1 loses bold.

@ksubramaniyam,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 17.8, we managed to reproduce these issues on our end. We have logged the following issues in our bug tracking system.

WORDSNET-15780: related to temp.docx
WORDSNET-15781: related to temp2.docx

Your thread has also been linked to these issues and you will be notified as soon as they are resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

@ksubramaniyam,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15780 and WORDSNET-15781) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.9 update.