Incorrect detection of oft as msg

Hello
Please kindly test this Oft , Aspose detect it as Msg , is it expected? I see it also has UNSENT flag:
test mail.zip (12.1 KB)

@australian.dev.nerds,

OFT - Microsoft Outlook Email Template File

The .OFT file format uses the MSG file format at its base. The only difference is that OFT files have CLSID_TemplateMessage ({0006F046-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}) as the storage class (WriteClassStg), while MSG files use CLSID_MailMessage ({00020D0B-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}).

I have also prepared 3 screenshots in img.zip (108.5 KB), from an app that displays CLSIDs for msg\oft files. Your file has a CLSID of 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000. That’s why Aspose.Email doesn’t recognize it as an oft.

1 Like

Thank you very much, can you please advise where to download that CFBBrowser shown in the screenshot?

And if you don’t mind, ageneric question, can we say emlx format is also like eml generally in RFC822 or MIME format?

@australian.dev.nerds

It’s an old program, so I can’t find public reference to it either. A bit later I’ll upload it in some cloud storage and share the link with you.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right.

1 Like

Thanks, if I’m right the difference between eml and emlx is:

1. initial byte count
  2. ending email metadata in XML plist format
    When saving as emlx, Aspose omits the ending plist part
    How about giving an EmlxSaveOption to include it?

oops my bad :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds,

OK, we’ll investigate it.

1 Like

Thanks, any case number?

And a clarification about the 1st post:
UNSENT flag vs mentioned CLSIDs, is there a difference between message template and message draft here?

@australian.dev.nerds,

No, we need to understand the XML plist format

Yes, the key difference between a draft message and a message template is that a draft message is specific to a particular message that the user has started composing, whereas a message template is a general starting point that can be used to create multiple messages with similar content and formatting.

In summary, a draft message is a partially completed message that has been saved but not yet sent, while a message template is a pre-defined message that serves as a starting point for creating new messages.

Hello,
Just a reminder about CFBBrowser which seems to be a handy tool :slight_smile:
If you don’t mind please :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds,

Sure. Thanks for the reminder. I’ll share it with you tomorrow. It’s just on another computer.

1 Like

I’d appreciate it as it will help me to troubleshoot many cases myself :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds,

The CFBBrowser.zip (20.0 KB) archive contains the tool you requested.

1 Like