Incorrect detection of svgz files as svg

Hello,
Please be kind and check this svgz image, Imaging file type detector will detect it as svg while it should be svgz.
Is Aspose.Imaging.FileFormat.Svgz correctly assigned?

Please note that I read the file with StreamReader and pass the stream to Aspose Imaging.
Thanks.

SVGZ.zip (164.1 KB)

Hi, @australian.dev.nerds
In fact, SVGZ is a zipped SVG. I will check your file now. Could you clarify what do you mean I read the file with StreamReader and pass the stream to Aspose Imaging? Do you decompress the SVGZ file by yourself? If so the gotten result is correct.

1 Like

Hello,
I won’t process or decompress the svgz file, just will pass the stream reader to Aspose Imaging.
Another sample:
SVGZ2.zip (61.7 KB)

How can you read SVGZ using StreamReader? StreamReader can’t be passed in Image.Load or Image.GetFileFormat methods. Could you show me your code?

1 Like

Hello,
Please advise if Aspose.Imaging.HEIC.Adapter is available for .NET framework 4.0?

And here’s the code:

Dim ImageType As Aspose.Imaging.FileFormat = Aspose.Imaging.Image.GetFileFormat(InputStream)

Sorry I pass the MemoryStream to GetFileFormat.
Best :slight_smile:

I confirmed the incorrect file format detection for SVGZ, WMZ, EMZ and created an issue #IMAGINGNET-7361.
Speaking of Aspose.Imaging.HEIC.Adapter, please take a look at Supported Frameworks

1 Like

@australian.dev.nerds
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): IMAGINGNET-7361

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hello,
Is this fixed in the 24.8?

@australian.dev.nerds , fix for this issue is planned for 24.11 release.