Incorrect Eval License Message

We are using the Aspose.Excel (.DLL version 1.7.0.0) in a couple of different applications on our server. We added this functionality to a third application (still hit via the same domain name) and are getting the extra sheet with the license message in the .XLS generated by the new application. The .XLS files generated by the applications that were already on the box do not have the extra sheet. All applications are hitting the exact same .LIC file. I have tested, renaming the file which generates an exception. This tells me that the dll IS finding the .LIC file properly.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening?

Our license model is changed at the start of this year to make license trouble free.

Please:

1. Contact our sales team at sales@aspose.com to get a new license file.
  2. Download the new version at Downloads section.
  3. Set license as described in http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Excel/Api/Aspose.Excel.License.html.

We’ve recently gotten this problem as well. We have version 1.5.2.0 of the .DLL. During the latest deployment, we started to get the evaluation license message.
Because the version of the .DLL is part of a deployed set of framework files, updating to the latest version is much more involved. We are puzzled as to why it broke. The only thing we did was change the license location. We have code that actually checks that the file exists before trying to set it in Aspose.Excel.
As far as I could tell from all of the FAQs, the license should be good as long as we do not update the DLL. Is this not the case?

We changed the license model on 01/22/2005 to make the license trouble free. Please send email to sales@aspose.com to get a new license file. And please change your set license code to:

Aspose.Excel.License lic = new Aspose.Excel.License();
lic.SetLicense(“c:\Aspose.Excel.Lic”);

Sorry for any inconvenience.

By the way, do you still use your v1.5.2? If you don't update to the latest version, a new license file is not needed.

In those old versions, license is bound to domain name, machine name ... So if you changed anything, the license will fail.

Since you changed your license location, have you changed your license setting code? Could you please post your license setting code here?