Incorrect Placement/Sizing Of Group Shape When Converting To SVG/PNG/JPG

When exporting group shapes to SVG/PNG/JPG the sizing/placement of some elements is wrong.

import aspose.slides as slides

shapeno = 0

with slides.Presentation("testshapeoutput.pptx") as pres:
        for slide in pres.slides:
            for shape in slide.shapes:
                shapeno = shapeno + 1
                with open("shape"+str(shapeno)+".svg", "wb") as stream:
                    shape.write_as_svg(stream)

testshapeoutput.zip (49.1 KB)

@bowespublishing,
Thank you for contacting support.

Please check your results using the latest version of Aspose.Slides if it is possible. If the issue persists, please share the following additional data and information:

• your output SVG and PNG files
  • OS version on which the code was executed
  • Python version
  • Aspose.Slides version you used

The quality is better on aspose.slides 22.11 but the placement is still wrong

Windows 11
Python 3.9.10

shapes.zip (328.2 KB)

@bowespublishing,
Thank you for the additional information. I need some time, I will get back to you a bit later.

@bowespublishing,
I’ve reproduced similar problems with the group shapes from the presentation and added a ticket with ID SLIDESPYNET-66 to our issue-tracking system. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our development team will investigate the case. You will be notified when a new release of Aspose.Slides with a fix is published.

A post was split to a new topic: Exported Graphic Is Shrunk to the Upper-Left Position and Does Not Have the Full Width

Will this be fixed in 22.12? If so, is there a release date yet? Thank you

@bowespublishing,
As far as I can see, the issue will be fixed in version 23.1. This release will be published in the second half of January.

It seems like this is now working for SVG but not PNG/JPG

@bowespublishing,
Aspose.Slides 23.1 with the fix will be released soon. After that, you will be able to fully check your results. Thank you for your patience.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESPYNET-66) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Python 23.4 (Windows, Linux, macOS).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page or PyPI.