Incorrect position of letters after PDF to SVG conversion

Hello!
I’m converting PDF file to SVG:

Document pdfDocument = new Document(inputPath);
pdfDocument.save(outputPath, SaveFormat.Svg);

But I get incorrect position of some letters in result SVG file (look attachments)… Converting via aspose online service works correctly.
Could you please help me take a look?

image.png (63.6 KB)
letters_disposition_test.pdf (13.2 KB)
result.zip (59.8 KB)
Aspose.PDF version: 22.10.

@gainetdin,

I just tried it, and it works fine:
ConvertPdfToSvg_1_output.zip (65.5 KB)

What version of Aspose.Pdf are you using? I am using Aspose.Pdf 23.3.

Do you have all the fonts the document requires? That the only thing I can think of that can mess up the SVG output that much.

I’m using 22.10 version, but I also tried 23.2 version (23.3 is unavailable yet to use in project via Maven) - I got the same results. Okay, thanks, I will take a look at the font issue.
Could it be an OS issue? I’m using Ubuntu 20.04.

@gainetdin,

More than an issue on the OS, some OS handle de fonts differently(where they have to be installed). So keep that in mind.

@carlos.molina, hi!

I just tried it, and it works fine

Could you please describe how did you try to reproduce the problem? Did you use Aspose.PDF for Java? Didn’t you change some default settings?
This error keeps reproducing, even after embedding fonts to pdf. I tried to get list of available fonts by instruction with Aspose.Words - all the fonts from document are available (in the default system folder).

@gainetdin,

I did run it on .Net. I was able to replicate the error with Aspose.Pdf for Java 23.2. I will create a ticket for the dev team.

1 Like

@gainetdin
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFJAVA-42626

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like