Incorrect Rendering to Image/PDF/PS

I am having an issue converting a word document to an image format, pdf or printing to postscript. Saving the document works correctly.

I have attached the problem document.

The code to reproduce this is:

Document doc = new Document(sourcefile);
doc.SaveToPdf(savedir);

I get the identical output when I call SaveToImage() and Print().

It appears that the formatting of the embedded image and text box is incorrect when converted resulting in the text below it to be rendered underneath the image and text box.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because you are using floating objects in your document. Currently Aspose.Words does not fully support Text Wrapping during converting to PDF. As a workaround, you can try refactoring your document to avoid using floating TextBoxes and Images. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Is there any estimated timeframe on when this will be fixed?

I am evaluating Aspose.Words and having valid print results is critical to our use. We do not have control over how the documents are designed. They are sent into us by our customers.

Hello

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this feature at the moment. Text Wrapping is extremely complex feature. Most likely, this feature will be supported somewhere in the second half of this year. But currently I cannot promise you any exact date.
Best regards,

Hello

Is there any update on the status of this issue? I have tested Aspose.Words 9.3 and the problem still occurs.

Hi Alec,
Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid the issue is still unresolved. Text wrapping around floating tables during rendering is a very complex issue and there will be no fast fix for it. The only suggestion I can give is to try to tell your clients to avoid floating tables.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thanks.

Is there any way to detect whether a document contains floating tables? This would be very helpful to determine whether a work-around is needed.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, currently there is no way to detect whether the table is floating or not. We will consider adding such ability in one of future versions. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 7180) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(141)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-581) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(12)