Incorrect rendering warnings in 10.7

Hi,

Since updating from Aspose.Words 10.6 to 10.7, I find that many of the documents I convert from docx to xps produce incorrect (or at least too aggressive) warnings concerning DrawingML. It appears that all images now produce this warning as well as a few other places. The documents appear to be rendered correctly, so I don’t know what it is that gets the documents flagged.

For example, a document with only text and images now produce the following rendering warnings:

DrawingML shapes are not fully supported. Object could rendered differently.
At DrawingML Object 225x104,25, Paragraph 14, Section 1

At DrawingML Object 259,5x157,5, Paragraph 16, Section 1

At DrawingML Object 483,639606299213x229,371181102362, Paragraph 53, Section 1

At DrawingML Object 198,75x180,75, Paragraph 59, Section 1

At DrawingML Object 275,25x39,75, Paragraph 59, Section 1

…snip…

Tag with name ‘cxnLst’ is not supported.

Tag with name ‘rect’ is not supported.

Tag with name ‘miter’ is not supported.

Tag with name ‘nvPicPr’ is not supported.

…snip…

The tag warnings generally seem to accompany the DrawingML errors. The sizes of DrawingML elements match those of the images in the document. I have attached a few documents that all exhibit the symptoms.

Thanks,
Morten Christiansen

Hi Morten,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tried converting all three of your DOCX documents to XPS and did not find any issues on my side. Unfortunately, I was unable to observe any such warning upon viewing with built-in XPS Viewer of Windows 7. In case you’re observing this warning upon viewing, could you please clarify what tool are you using for viewing? It may be tool specific.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I think I gave the wrong impression of the problem. It has nothing to do with the viewer, but rather the warnings generated by your component when I save the document object to an xps file. I use the WarningCallback event and a WarningInfoCollection instance to get the warnings.

-Morten

Hello
Thanks for your request. The reason of the problem is that Aspose.Words supports not all features of DrawingML object. That is why Aspose.Words just notifies you through WarningCallback that Object could be rendered differently.
We are still working on improving DrawingML rendering.
Best regards,

Hi,

I figured that might be the case. The problem is that I use the warning messages to indicate to the users of my system if there are any rendering problems as well as what they are - and if every image prompts a warning, this will be next to useless. Right now I just filter out all the warnings with the DrawingML message, but that also filters out valid warnings that could be useful to the user.

As I see it, I should not receive any warnings for my images because there is no rendering problem, so they don’t really serve a purpose. I hope you will consider removing the warning in this instance as you clearly support images, unless there is some value from them that I do not see.

In general, it would also be great if you would implement a way to control the granularity of the warnings shown, so that you can decide the severity of warnings that the users see. I realize that this would be at a later stage when the warnings feature is more complete.

-Morten

Hi
Thanks for your request. I think, in your case, you can simply ignore all warnings of type “MinorFormattingLoss”. See WarningType:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/warninginfo/warningtype/
Best regards,

Ah yes, I forgot about that one. The reason I didn’t do that originally was for lack of information about what I was filtering out.

Thanks
-Morten

Hi
Thanks for your request. Usually this type of warnings are used for minor issues. Probably you will not notice the difference at all. But we (developers) know that there is something that is not supported or partially supported yet.
Best regards,