Incorrect result with CalculateFormula likely calculation chain issue

Hi,

I have an Excel workbook that I’ve tested using Aspose.Cells .NET version 22.3.0. The workbook here TestCase07.zip (29.2 KB)

I used the following C# code to view the values of cells after CalculateFormula:

var workbook = new Workbook("TestCase07.xlsx");
workbook.CalculateFormula();
Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets["Sheet1"];

string s1 = worksheet.Cells["AV103"].ToString(); // Expected 1 and shows as 1
string s2 = worksheet.Cells["AV104"].ToString(); // Expected 2 but shows as 1
string s3 = worksheet.Cells["AV123"].ToString(); // Expected 3 but shows as 2

Aspose shows the value of cell AV104 is 1 and cell AV123 is 2, but when I open the workbook in Excel, the values are AV104=2 and AV123=3.

Can you please have a look into it?

Many thanks.

@llawryy,

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned using your template file. I found an issue with Aspose.Cells formula calculation engine. Some results with formula calculation engine are incorrect as you pointed out. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-50645” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@llawryy,

This is to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-50645”) has been resolved now. The fix will be included in our regular release Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.4 which is scheduled to be published in the second week of April, 2022. We will notify you once the new version is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-50645) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

Hi, I’ve retested using Aspose.Cells .NET v22.4.0 and this issue has been fixed. Thanks.

@llawryy,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new version/fix. In the event of further queries or issue, feel free to write us back.