Incorrect Table Height

I generated the attached powerpoint (Example.zip (40.8 KB)) which has three slides each with one table. The first table is reported in PowerPoint as being 11.67" tall, whereas Aspose.Slides reports it as being 6.417" tall. If you increase the width of the table on the first slide slightly so that the text does not wrap, the shape becomes 6.417" tall. However, the other slides accurately report the height as 7" and 4.667" without having to adjust the width so that the text does not wrap.

Can someone either tell me if the first table has something set that prevents an accurate height from being reported by Aspose.Slides or determine if Aspose.Slides has a bug affecting the height calculation?

Also, I used to get the correct height in Aspose.Slides for .NET v16.8, and after upgrading to v18.3 I now get this incorrect height.

PowerPointScreenshot.png (260.8 KB)
Code.png (9.4 KB)
ShapeHeights.png (991 Bytes)

I submitted a similar topic about textbox heights, too.

Thank you,
Charlie

@cmathis430,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-40575 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Thanks @mudassir.fayyaz for logging the issue for me.

Regarding the change in behavior between v16.8 and v18.3, I think there needs to be some tests added so that this doesn’t regress again. I wrote a slide wrapping algorithm that heavily depends on accurate size measurement of shapes, so it would be very helpful to not see future regression of measuring shape sizes.

My company has an Aspose.Total license, so if needed I can file a paid support ticket to get attention to this if needed. I opted for submitting the issue here instead simply because we have limited tickets, and didn’t want to use one for this issue.

Thanks,
Charlie

@cmathis430,

We have made initial investigation and request you to please provide the full source code snippet which was used by on your end to reproduce the issue. Please provide the information so that we may proceed further to investigate the issue.

@mudassir.fayyaz Thank you. I’ll try to put together a reproducer.

@cmathis430,

Thank you. We will wait for further response from your side.

@mudassir.fayyaz I’ve created a reproducer, which is attached below. It also includes a reproducer for Incorrect TextBox Height.

Reproducer.zip (9.3 KB)

@cmathis430,

Thanks for sharing files with us. We will get back to you with good news soon.