Incorrect table output in Jasperreports 6.4.3 with Aspose 19.1

Hello,

I currently use Aspose.Words for JasperReports 19.1 with JasperReports 5.6.0. As far as everything is exported correctly in the Word format.
However, if I now use Aspose.Words for JasperReports 19.1 with JasperReports 6.4.3, the output of a table in Word is incorrect.
In the example files SubreportsAspose_JR-5.6.0_ASP-19.1.docx and SubreportsAspose_JR-6.4.3_ASP-19.1.docx you can see the difference.
Is there a solution to this problem? Can you help me there?

I attached an example (Subreports3.zip) to this message.

Best regards, Achim
Subreports3.zip (17.8 KB)

@ohmstede

Could you please ZIP and attach the .jrprint file here for testing? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Hi Tahir,

thank you for your response.

In my code I create no .jrprint file. And I do not know how to generate the .jrprint file. I’ve attached my java code, the templates and sample outputs. Do you still need the jrprint file? If not, how can I create such a jrprint file?

Best regards, Achim

@ohmstede

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJR-259. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello,

can you please tell me the status of this ticket? My last test with JR 6.9.0 and Aspose 19.12 was still negative. Due to this problem we cannot use versions of Jasperreports later than 5.6.0.

Best regards, Achim

@ohmstede

The issue (WORDSJR-259) has been resolved and its fix is available in the latest version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 20.4.

Please note that you need to use following config options for JasperReports 6.2 and higher:
currentExporter.setParameter(AWExporterParameter.OPTIMIZE_POSITIONING_TABLES, Boolean.FALSE);
currentExporter.setParameter(AWExporterParameter.SPACING_FACTOR, 1.0);

In versions before JasperReports 6.2, all will work by default (without additional config options).

Hello,

thanks for the answer. I have tested version 20.4 (with Jasperreports 6.9.0), but the problem persists. Can you please review the case again? I have attached my test case as a ZIP. Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Achim
Subreports.zip (36.0 KB)

@ohmstede

Yes, this issue has not properly resolved. We will check this issue and inform you once there is an update available on it. We apologize for your inconvenience.