Index functions Aspose cells differs from excel implementation

the index function in combination with the @ sign behaves differently from Excel.

It will throw an ?Name error

if you open it in Excel, it works fine.

see attached solution

Bug_8086_Indexfunction.zip (54.7 KB)

@Pietswieb,
I have tried to reproduce the scenario using your sample application but could not observe any difference in the output of application and MS Excel. Both show #Name? error when 2 is entered in cell C2. Could you please share some images showing the error and expected output as well for our reference?

if you evaluate the value using aspose in the project you will get the 'Assert.AreEqual failed. Expected:. Actual:<#NAME?>. ’

but when i open the excel file that was saved… you will see the excel file has no error…

i am using Microsoft excel for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.13001.20254) 64 bit
image.png (1.2 KB)

image.png (2.8 KB)

@Pietswieb,
Which version of MS Excel are you using? We have tested it with MS Excel 365 which does not show value.

see message above

@Pietswieb,
I am using Microsoft Excel for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11929.20836) 32-bit where the behavior is same as by Aspose.Cells. However as formula value is not calculated by Aspose.Cells, therefore I have logged this issue in our database for an investigation and a fix. You will be notified here once any update will be ready to share.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSNETCORE-72 - Formula not calculated by Aspose.Cells

@Pietswieb,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNETCORE-72”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@Pietswieb,
Could you please try Aspose.Cells for .NET 20.7 where this issue is fixed.

Let us know your feedback.