Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Index was outside the bounds of the array - 2.4.0

I upgraded my site's DLL to 2.4.0. I have a standard diagram with multiple "blocks" in it, and depending on the users selection, I move this blocks to / from visible layers.

On diagrams with a resonable amount of content on the visible layer, I get "Index was outside the bounds of the array." when saving. If I change the DLL back to 2.3.0, the "problem" goes away.

Also, if the diagram only has a few blocks on the visible layer, DLL 2.4.0 works fine.

Has there been a change in saving between 2.3.0 and 2.4.0?

Cheers

Dean

Hi Dean,

Can you please share the sample code to reproduce this issue? 2.5.0 version is about to be released and we will be able to test this issue with this release and log the issue accordingly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Files are attached.

The error is on line 177 of DiagramFunctions.vb, where the save happens.

Hi Dean,

I was unable to reproduce this issue with version 2.4.0 as well as 2.5.0. As I do not have access to your data, I have used test values to make your code working for me. Please check the attached updated code which I have used with your VDX file and make necessary changes in this code to reproduce the issue.

P.S. Aspose.Diagram for .NET 2.5.0 has been release. Please also check if you are able to reproduce this issue with 2.5.0.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad

Thanks for your reply.

I have traked down the problem to be when an empty string is added to a subshape.

Please refer to the attached file.

Cheers

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the details. I'm able to reproduce this issue on my end. This issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as DIAGRAM-33234. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In case of further assistance & comments, please let me know.


Hi Dean,


I like to update you that despite the fact that we have good code coverage for the functionality but it looks that we missed some boundary cases here. we have verified this issue is not present in 2.3.0 release so we have logged it as a regression bug and it will be fixed in the next release.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAM-33234) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.